Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just wondering if my Vietnamese girlfriend would find it difficult obtaining a 462 work and holiday visa. She is a uni graduate, 26yrs old and is good with both written and spoken english. Should I get involved through invitations etc?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I heard a rumour that this is only available to 200 people each year from Vietnam, so I expect stiff competition there.

Your relationship could work against her as far as Genuine Temporary Entrant policy goes.

Not declaring the relationship in the W&HV application could have detrimental effects for possible future visa applications , so you might want to give longer term plans consideration also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply and the last thing I want to do is jeopardise future applications. I'm not trying to work the system, just trying to get her over here and I thought the 462 W & HV was the best option as it is 12 months. What do you think is the best option for us to take to get her here? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not yet, just started looking into it a few days ago. Confusing with the visas, as even when requirements have been met it is completely at the discretion of the government (and rejections appear common). On the other hand others get through. Is it essentially a toss of the coin? Thanks again

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Is it your reason for her to eventually be able to stay permanently?

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Thank you and yes that would be the ideal pathway.
Are you at the stage to consider a PMV300 or Partner visa?

There is a limit of 200 of the 462 Work and Holiday new visas granted to Vietnamese passport holders for the year. embassy.gov.au
The chance of getting one might be slim, although an application for July (the start of the year) might be better. However, I would guess that they may be very popular visas.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Have a good read up on the 462 (wont be much around) the 309 (that's the same as a 820 in evidence required, the 300 PMV and the variations of 600 Visitor Visas.

Your girlfriends "conditions" at that of her family can possibly be used for a visa.

So understand them all a bit then have an initial consultation with a RMA, there are several recommended here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.