Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

We are poised to engage the services of an agent and start the application for the Contributory Parent Visa 143.

As my daughter cannot provide AOS on her own, we need to find others who are prepared to do this for us, but before I discuss it with them I need to fully understand what I am asking them and what they are liable for, during the first 10 years, and specifically thereafter.

We are potentially going to have 2 or 3 assurers. I understand that the $14000 bond payment goes to Centrelink in case we require support during the first 10 years, and that the amount gets refunded if we make no claims. What happens after the 10 years are up? We are financially secure, but what are the assurers liable for if things went wrong.

Kind regards and thanks forthe help to date on this forum.
Caro

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
Hi everyone

We are poised to engage the services of an agent and start the application for the Contributory Parent Visa 143.

As my daughter cannot provide AOS on her own, we need to find others who are prepared to do this for us, but before I discuss it with them I need to fully understand what I am asking them and what they are liable for, during the first 10 years, and specifically thereafter.

We are potentially going to have 2 or 3 assurers. I understand that the $14000 bond payment goes to Centrelink in case we require support during the first 10 years, and that the amount gets refunded if we make no claims. What happens after the 10 years are up? We are financially secure, but what are the assurers liable for if things went wrong.

Kind regards and thanks forthe help to date on this forum.
Caro
Your best bet would to contact the department of Human Services to get answers to your specific questions, as they are the ones regulating the AoS requirements, not the Department of Immigration.

You can find some answers here:

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/assurance-support

More detailed info here: 9.4 Assurance of Support Scheme | Guide to Social Security Law

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.