Australia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have applied for visa 143 for my parents back in May 2019 (acknowledged July 2019). I understand that the wait at the moment is really long. Estimated to be 2028 at this stage.

However, my father has just been diagnosed with cancer, prognosis is poor. He is the main applicant for this visa and my mom is the dependant applicant.

My question is, is this visa application essentially void? My father is not likely to pass the medical check and his medical fee is not likely to be less than $50k within 5 years.

Is there any other options? I am looking at potentially applying for medical visa? Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you for your replies.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi all,

I have applied for visa 143 for my parents back in May 2019 (acknowledged July 2019). I understand that the wait at the moment is really long. Estimated to be 2028 at this stage.

However, my father has just been diagnosed with cancer, prognosis is poor. He is the main applicant for this visa and my mom is the dependant applicant.

My question is, is this visa application essentially void? My father is not likely to pass the medical check and his medical fee is not likely to be less than $50k within 5 years.

Is there any other options? I am looking at potentially applying for medical visa? Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you for your replies.
I’m very sorry to hear your news it’s very sad, I can give you any advice on your questions, however if it helps you have more like 10 years before your application will be ready for processing I’m afraid.

all the to you and your family.
Regards
Aaron

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’m very sorry to hear your news it’s very sad, I can give you any advice on your questions, however if it helps you have more like 10 years before your application will be ready for processing I’m afraid.

all the to you and your family.
Regards
Aaron
Opps few spelling errors sorry, * I cnt help with the advice, all the best to you and your family.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
If an applicant who is at least 50 years of age applies onshore for a visa that can be granted onshore and satisfies all the criteria, except the health criterion, there is a way forward.

It is unfortunate that many applicants proceed with 143 (and other) visa applications without seeking a professional case assessment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts