Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am currently applying for a 175 Skilled Visa, which is an offshore visa. I know I can apply from Australia, and then leave the country when I am granted, in order to activate it.
But my concern is about the address. They ask me to enter my current address, but as I previously mentionned I was from Europe, in the address form, I cannot change the country to something else than the one I'm from.
Moreover (in order to make things more complicate ;)), I am applying with my partner, who will be a de facto. We have to prove our relationship, but we've been living in Australia for two years... so they will see that we are currently in Australia.
What's the tip for this one?

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
If you are having trouble with an online application, always best to head for the people you are applying to - ring Immi.
It could be something as simple as if you have entered an overseas address first, and you have been residing in Australia and are going to apply from here, you need to have address consistency.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are having trouble with an online application, always best to head for the people you are applying to - ring Immi.
It could be something as simple as if you have entered an overseas address first, and you have been residing in Australia and are going to apply from here, you need to have address consistency.
You're right. Nevertheless, for this one, I wouldn't want an officer to tell me that I cannot apply from Australia. You know sometimes they can be really focused on the big lines...

Nobody here would be in the same situation?:)

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
No immigration officer is going to tell you that you cannot apply for a 175 visa from onshore.
But there are some factors you need to be aware of:
1. No bridging visa and processing time could be considerable, especially once SMPs are active.
2. You need to go abroad to have it granted and on return you activate it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No immigration officer is going to tell you that you cannot apply for a 175 visa from onshore.
But there are some factors you need to be aware of:
1. No bridging visa and processing time could be considerable, especially once SMPs are active.
2. You need to go abroad to have it granted and on return you activate it.
Yes, I know time may be considerable :( We are not in a hurry, we already hold 457 visa.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.