Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Glad to join this forum. I'd like to know, can a relative sponsor more than one applicant? I am planning to lodge application for visa subclass 176 - Skilled Sponsored(Relative) this month but my Uncle(relative) has already sponsored my other cousin last December 2008?

Mark

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
There's restrictions re sponsors for partner type visas but nothing on the immi web site re being a sponsor for a skilled person that I can see up front, ie. Skilled - Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176)

Best approach would be to have Uncle ring immi here in Australia, 131881 and they're usually helpful on that kind of thing.

Right now though it may not do you a lot of good re getting an application processed as the government has tightened up on numbers via a processing priority system - have a read of sticky thread #4.

One of our posters just this last week has advised on receiving a letter which says that people without applications in top three categories re priority can not expect to have an application processed in 2009-2010 year owing to global economic circumstances which will affect Australia just like most countries.

With that situation continuing or even worsening, the same could apply going through to 2010 - 2011 and beyond.

If you were able to get sponsorship via a state nomination for a 176 visa that would offer you a better chance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone,

Could you guys let me know the time line or schedule to get approval a visa sub-class 176 counted from date of applying?

Actually, I applied my documents from Sept 2008. but there is not any news from then. However, my documents' status in immigration system, they put in March 2009, IS BEING PROCESSED FURTHER. Is there any one can help to comment on it?

Thnks

Viet Quang

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Depends on whether it is relative sponsored or state nominated and have a look at sticky thread #4 for processing priorities information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Time line for Visa 176 (relative)

Thanks a lot, wanderer,

My case is relative sponsor, not state one. People told me that i m in no 5 of so called new priority list.

By the way, i could not find thread #4, would you show me more detail?

Once again, thank you so much

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear Wanderer,

Thank you very much again for your reply and guide.

I did quite clearly the priority list, and i think i do not have any better choice than waiting now, however, we are on the haft way already.

We all hope that the financial crisis is over very soon and Australia Government's demand for foreigner labor force will increase.

All the bests to you

At this section's home page, Visa & Imigration you'll see six threads at top which say 'sticky' followed by their heading.
Count from top down to No. 4 and bingo > http://www.australiaforum.com/visas...tant-imigration-procesing-priority-209-a.html

With a relative sponsor you'll not be in consideration this financial year, nor I suspect until they review immigration numbers up again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes, he can sponsor more than one relative. However the maximum number that he can get this way is around 3-4 people. You also may need to take into consideration the eligibility of the relatives you get for sponsorship. Those who are of legal age and are already married are no anymore eligible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.