Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mates,

The Victoria State Sponsorship is already granting scheduled 3 VISAs *before* the new SMP has been signed by the Minister. These VISAs will be processed under priority 2 by DIAC. Congratulations if this is your case!!!

However, scheduled 4 VISAs are being postponed until the new SMP has been signed by the Minister, which will happen -- we hope so -- by 01/11/2010 (after 3 long delays generated by the sloppy Federal Election -- sorry for this word, but it was a shame!)

I've applied for a 176 VISA five months ago and I'm under schedule 4 in the new SMP, so I have to be patient until 01/11/2010. As far as I know, sponsored VISAs under the new SMP condition will be processed with priority 2 by DIAC as well !

My question is: is the new SMP a real advantage in terms of priority processing? How? I've been waiting for 5 months for the sponsorship and I'll wait for another 10/12 months for the DIAC decision, am I right?

Important detail: they know I'm already living and working in Australia during the last 8 months. They received a letter from my employer and they even talked by phone with my boss four months ago! My skills are in the SOL (60 points) and were assessed by ACS on February/2010!

I get 140 points from the 100 least possible score for a 176 VISA. But I'm simply stuck waiting for the State Sponsorship during the last 5 months! :-((

Sorry, but I'm really disappointed with all these indefinitions and delay... I really love Australia, but the Australian Immi process and migration plan is a terrible thing to deal with ....

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Just so you are clear on terminology.
States/territories have sponsorships and not visas.
A sponsorship does not mean an automatic yes for a visa, they being two separate applications.
I have not seen any date nominated as yet by Immi re activating the SMP situation.
Some states are giving indications of re-opening sponsorship applications.
And yes, it is stated on the Immi web site that a 176 application already submitted that has an occupation which is on a State/Territory SMP will be priority #2.
A priority #2 will see an application processed ahead of lower priority applications.
Processing times will always be dependent on numbers of applications and Immigration decisions about occupations in demand or not amongst other matters such as the global and Australian economy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vic smp

Hi wrp,

I am applying for my ACS assessment next week and my occupation in schedule 4 too.When the VIC SMP was announced last week,I realized that my occupation is not in their eligibility list .Does this mean that I will not be able to apply for the VIC SMP ?

I am from India and work as an IT professional .Considering you are already living in OZ,could you please recommend other states that I could apply for sponsorship where I can expect a decent lifestyle (atleast for 2 years)?

Appreciate the help and good luck with your visa..

Regards,
tush

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Not all states have their SMPs developed yet and so all you can do is check out the different states/territories via the 176 eligibility to see what occupations they do list.
Sydney and Melbourne will always have most IT employment though employment is not guaranteed, even with a SMP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.