Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All

I am new to this forum. It would be a great help if anyone can give me a time frame by which my visa will be granted. My details are as below..

Date of Lodgement: Nov 04, 2009

Medical finalized: 22 Dec, 2009

Visa 176 victoria state sponsored

Occupation: Engineer-Engineering Technologists NEC (ASCO Code: 2128–79)

It's a very painful waiting period. My wife, son & I feel that our lives are on hold. Please help.

Sanjib from India.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Dear All

I am new to this forum. It would be a great help if anyone can give me a time frame by which my visa will be granted. My details are as below..

Date of Lodgement: Nov 04, 2009

Medical finalized: 22 Dec, 2009

Visa 176 victoria state sponsored

Occupation: Engineer-Engineering Technologists NEC (ASCO Code: 2128-79)

It's a very painful waiting period. My wife, son & I feel that our lives are on hold. Please help.

Sanjib from India.
Unfortunately it is a waiting game much more so than usual for the time being because of indirectly the global financial crisis, need for economies to revive more fully and that subsequent impact on employment levels.

Then, more directly there has been the changes that have been made to the immigration regulations and yet to be fully implemented - What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

For people with immigration plans it is best to consider it a side step in a life if you like but continue with what you do in the meantime.
Immigrating is also never any guarantee of successful employment in a new country where living conditions can be different and expensive.

One way of offsetting both the waiting and employment issues would be to look at employer sponsorship - Employer Sponsored Workers - Workers - Visas & Immigration

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Sanjb,

You have some similar circumstances with me. I also had a sponsorship from VIC for Engineering technologist so I lodged my visa application on 176 category Nov 2009. I don't know when I can get C.O allocated. Why you did medical exams so early. Did any one tell you to do that or by yourself. I have been advised that not to take until instructed by C.O to do so.

Hi Wanderer,

You are a really good and helpful adviser in this forum. Do we need to wake up immi people sometimes by dropping some lines to them to make sure they don;t forget our applications? or any good suggestion you want to share with us whom are on the waiting time. Thanks

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
[QUOTE
Hi Wanderer,

You are a really good and helpful adviser in this forum. Do we need to wake up immi people sometimes by dropping some lines to them to make sure they don;t forget our applications? or any good suggestion you want to share with us whom are on the waiting time. Thanks[/QUOTE]
No Hawthorn, Immi do not need anything dropped on them to keep them awake.

There is one particular forum that I am aware of where a moderator seems to take particular pleasure in inciting posters to take it up to Immi and in particular the Minister.
There are many people who are not getting visas anywhere near as quick as what may likely have happened without a GFC and some people feel they have been wronged because Immi have introduced a tighter priority situation that with numbers capping is likely to cause quite a lot of applicants to be waiting several years for a visa.

Both potential and existing applicants need to appreciate that unless they'll have a high priority application, the several years could be an indefinite number.

It is just the way the system is for now and immigration staff will be processing applications according to regulations and priorities set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.