Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I currently work in U.S. (middle management, banking sector) and wish to relocate to Australia. I'm contemplating visa 186 direct entry stream and have a few questions regarding the employer nomination process:

- How difficult would it be to find an employer to nominate considering I'm not in Australia? (I do have a good professional network).
- If an employer does nominate me, would they expect me to move and start working on a temporary visa prior to getting permanent residency through visa 186 since the latter can take over a year?
- Am I obligated to start working with the employer that nominates me? Otherwise, can the employer rescind their nomination and would that invalidate my 186 visa petition?
- How long does the employer nomination process take?

I would appreciate if someone can help.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,112 Posts
Hi,

I currently work in U.S. (middle management, banking sector) and wish to relocate to Australia. I'm contemplating visa 186 direct entry stream and have a few questions regarding the employer nomination process:

- How difficult would it be to find an employer to nominate considering I'm not in Australia? (I do have a good professional network).
- If an employer does nominate me, would they expect me to move and start working on a temporary visa prior to getting permanent residency through visa 186 since the latter can take over a year?
- Am I obligated to start working with the employer that nominates me? Otherwise, can the employer rescind their nomination and would that invalidate my 186 visa petition?
- How long does the employer nomination process take?

I would appreciate if someone can help.

Thanks!
I doubt the banking industry would be a good choice, they are actively shedding jobs, specifically from middle management.
See this article :https://www.afr.com/business/bankin...es/big-four-to-cut-20000-jobs-20171221-h08qk9

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.