Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm on a 457 visa for almost 2 and a half years. I've started a process with a migration agent and applying for visa subclass 186 with the Transition stream.

My employer have proven that we meet the training benchmark B (1% of total Australian PRs and citiz is dedicated for training) for the last 2 years 2016 and 2015. The thing is that the trainer is someone from the company which his role is a manager but 20% of his time he is a trainer.

I have a colleague who started the same visa only on the DE stream and he does it with another agent who told him that 20% is not enough because in the criteria (In 2016 and 2015 training benchmark policy) it says "Employment of a person who trains employees as a key part of their job". His agent thinks we will get rejection.

Did any of you (Agents or applicants) have a similar case?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
From the Code of Conduct

2.14A A registered migration agent must not represent that he or she can procure a particular decision for a client under the Migration Act or the Migration Regulations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From the Code of Conduct

2.14A A registered migration agent must not represent that he or she can procure a particular decision for a client under the Migration Act or the Migration Regulations.
They do not represent that they can procure a decision, they just giving their forecast about the chances to get the permanent resident visa. I asked if 20% of trainer role is enough for the training benchmark B in 2015 and 2016 policies where it is mentioned that it should be a key role.

Thank you for your reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.