Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I just have 2 question if someone knows about it, I asked different lawyers and I got different answers so I decided to ask here in case someone knows about it or has a similar case, my points are:
- I am 28 ( 30 points)
- English PTE all the bands above 73 (10 points)
- I studied an Associate degree in Civil engineering which count as an advanced diploma ( 10 points) ,
- Australian study requirement as I did the course in Australia (5 points)
- The occupation that I nominated is Civil Engineering draftsperson ANZSCO 312211 which is in the occupation lists and I got the full skill assessment
- I've been working since 1 year in Australia in the same occupation as a Civil draftsperson (5points)

I have 2 questions the first one is my lawyer said if I am claiming points for my advance diploma in Australia (10) I can not claim points the 5 points for the Australian requirements is it true?.
And the second question is when I was doing the full skill assessment I could have done it through engineers Australia or vetassess, I was advised to do it though vetassess so I did, but I didn't know vetassess deducted or used my year of experience to give me the full skill assessment, it means if you have 2 year experience vetassess uses 1 year and you can claim just one year in immigration, so if you have just 1 year of experience you can not claim as it was used for your skill assessment it was the answer I got from them. That was a bit surprise for me as I didn't know, and I will have less points I don't claim my experience so, I called engineers Australia and they don't deduct your experience in order to give you the skill assessment they just assess and if its positive you can claim your points with the total number of years for your experience, according to this I decided to pay again the full skill assessment with engineers Australia and do it with them in order to claim points for my experience otherwise it wont be enough to submit an EOI, so the question is does the experience need to be assessed in order to claim points?

Thank you so much :):)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.