Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
Hope you are having a good start to a new year.
Some help/ advice please-
I am legible for the 189 visa and so is my husband. I am a teacher, him in computers.
We have been advised to go on my qualification as I would have to do the English test anyway.
What are the rules/ expectations Re: ones health?
I shouldn't have any health issues at all, however my husband is Bipolar -
He takes his medication religiously and has been stable on it- not been in hospital for over 10 years and leads a normal life, goes to work etc.
What do they say about chronic medication for those applying etc?
We are dying to go over as have some family there in Aus. It would be a better lifestyle for us. I would be heartbroken if this is such a problem as one can be well on the medication.
Surely one can't discriminate towards those applying etc that are living a stable life.
Please help if I ou know any up to date info.
Thank you!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I can't imagine it'd be a problem. Sounds like he has it under control. As long as his medication isn't a strain on the medical services there and he isn't a danger to himself or society, I can't imagine it being a hurdle that would prevent you from immigrating.

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
Hi there,
Hope you are having a good start to a new year.
Some help/ advice please-
I am legible for the 189 visa and so is my husband. I am a teacher, him in computers.
We have been advised to go on my qualification as I would have to do the English test anyway.
What are the rules/ expectations Re: ones health?
I shouldn't have any health issues at all, however my husband is Bipolar -
He takes his medication religiously and has been stable on it- not been in hospital for over 10 years and leads a normal life, goes to work etc.
What do they say about chronic medication for those applying etc?
We are dying to go over as have some family there in Aus. It would be a better lifestyle for us. I would be heartbroken if this is such a problem as one can be well on the medication.
Surely one can't discriminate towards those applying etc that are living a stable life.
Please help if I ou know any up to date info.
Thank you!
Hi, in all cases where a medical condition could jeopardize the granting of a visa, it is advisable you consult with a Registered Migration Agent (RMA) ( George Lombard seems to have quite a good success rate in these matters),before submitting you application, as the department can and will reject an application if they feel that the applicant may be a burden on the Health system ( Usually set at a figure of $40,000 over a lifetime)
However your first move should be to take the IELTS ( or similar exam), an Academic pass average of 7.5, with a pass mark of 8 required in the spoken section, can be difficult to obtain, and until you have obtained that pass your application can not proceed, and any money you spend may be be a waste.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.