Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am at my wit's end so any help appreciated!

I have received invitation to lodge visa application for 189 visa on July 06, 2015 and I am in the process of collecting documents, not yet lodged the application.

My concern is that my passport expires in Nov 2015 and it's not renewed yet. Is it advisable to renew my passport and then continue with the application or should I go ahead and file the application with my current passport.

In the immigration site where I have to key in the passport details, it's strongly recommended to have a passport valid up to 6 months.

My IELTS and ACS verfications are done against my current passport number. If I renew my passport would IELTS and ACS be valid?

Please Help!

Thanks,
VG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you can lodge your visa application with your current passport. Apply for your new passport. As soon as you get it you can notify DIBP of your new passport. This can be done through your Immiaccount.
Thanks!

going through the forum I have stumbled up on an issue ( [email protected] )which sort of is my situation too. When I got the invite I had 65 points, but my birth date falls at end of July and I will cross the 32 years criteria, thereby dropping points by 5. will they reject my visa then?

TIA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.