Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

This is regarding my Visa 189 Application. I got an invitation to apply for the Visa in April 27th round.
But I had to renew my passport before I could actually lodge the application.

Now I'm confused - whether to use the same passport number that's in my EOI to lodge the application and then update the passport details after lodging.

or

Use my new passport to lodge the application - however, wondering if there might be problems since EOI has a different passport number and the Application has a different one.

I'm sure some of you must have had/seen similar cases before. All comments are welcome guys.

Cheers,
Nikhil

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Use your new passport number. If you have the opportunity to enter previous passport numbers in your application you can do that. If not write a short submission notifying the change in Passport number. It happens all the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use your new passport number. If you have the opportunity to enter previous passport numbers in your application you can do that. If not write a short submission notifying the change in Passport number. It happens all the time.
Thanks Jeremy - Appreciate your quick response.

When you say "a short submission notifying the change" - you mean an application on an A4 sheet detailing the same. Is that correct?

Thanks again - I'll go ahead with my application this night now.

Best Regards,
Nikhil

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I write a submission with all my applications to show that the visa criteria are met. Each case is different. Most case officers are under trained and overworked. I write a submission to lead the case officer through an application and to show that there is no doubt my clients meet the requirements.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.