Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I received an invitation to apply for visa 189 skill select and lodged an application on 1st of November, 2017. While I was checking on the web, I noticed that most applicants receive the request for medical test 2 weeks after they lodge the application.
It has been 2 months since I lodged the application and according to my agent, my application status is not showing even assigned to a case officer. My agent is saying this is normal and no need to worry, sometimes it takes up to 5 months until the medical test is requested and I don't believe it!
I appreciate if anyone can advise.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
AFAIK, the link to access the medical referral is available on your ImmiAccount once you've submitted the application. But it's often recommended to wait until your CO contacts you to request you have it done because the application processing can take quite a long time and you can avoid having to redo medicals or having a very short initial entry date if you wait.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AFAIK, the link to access the medical referral is available on your ImmiAccount once you've submitted the application. But it's often recommended to wait until your CO contacts you to request you have it done because the application processing can take quite a long time and you can avoid having to redo medicals or having a very short initial entry date if you wait.
Hi Maggie,

Thanks for your reply but could it take 5 months until medical is requested by CO?

·
Registered
15 Posts
SC : 189
Assessment:14 July 2107
EOI : 7th Aug 2017
IELTS : 8.5
Invitation : 22 Aug 2107
App Lodged : 9th Oct 2107
Medical : 9th Nov 2017

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status