Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am just wondering ...

1. Must we come and stay in the state within a stipulated time ? Can we come and stay in the state any time we like within the first 5 years, says 3 years from the day the visa is granted ?

2. Do we need to prove to the state that we had been staying there for 2 years ? Will they check for it ?

3. Must the 2 years obligation be continuous ? Or as long as the total time is 2 years, it should be okay ? Says, I stay in the state for 6 months, then overseas for 6 months, then back to state for 6 months and so on, so after 4 years, my total stay in the state is 2 years. Will that be considered as having fulfilled the "2 years stay in the sponsored state obligation" ?

4. Lets say that I settle in the state for 2 years, but not doing any jobs related to my nominated occupation, will it count toward "2 years stay" as well ?

Million thanks guys

Good day

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What you should do is go to the state sponsorship websites of the various states and territories, so you understand what the requirements are for each state and what you are committing yourself to.If you have no intention of actually meeting your obligations, then maybe you should ask yourself if the sc. 190 is the right visa for you. Because so many people have been abusing the state sponsored system ( by not living and working in the nominating state for the required time), you can expect a lot more scrutiny about your intentions, as well as the requirement to provide convincing evidence to back up your claims. The NT for example runs a very hard line and will not sponsor anyone they think is not serious about residing there. I am not suggesting that you intend to abuse the system, but your questions seem to suggest that you are not really committed to the process, as it is intended.
Thanks for your suggestion. First, I have no intention to abuse the sponsorship and I would like to honor it. Second, I looked through the info on the state website and it is quite general and vague. This is why I posted my questions here, in search for some clarifications.

My sponsor state is NSW and they state that they are not issuing the release letter, as such, i got no clue whether i have fulfilled my 2 years stay obligation or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.