Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello every one

I want your opinion ,My wife is from Australia(Australian citizen) and I am from Egypt and live in Saudi Arabia, I know my wife eight months ago and We got married three months ago.
we are living now in saudi arabia together.

we have the same age , the same religion , We got married in Thailand, we did the wedding there ,then I registered my marriage in Egypt.

I have more than a proof of the genuineness of the relationship
Pictures, wedding, messages facebook what's up , conversations and communications, sending money to her, I paid three thousand dollars to get my wife live with me in Saudi Arabia, Airline tickets, family cards, family and friends' ceremony in Australia on the occasion of our marriage

But now I have a scholarship to study for a master's degree in KSA but it will end within eight months of my graduation, and I have to leave within eight months, so after 8 months My wife will return to Australia and she can not live with me in Egypt so I want to apply for a partner visa.

My inquiry
Can I apply for a partner Visa now or must wait? Because the relationship for a short time , just eight months s And marriage for three months

I want advice[

·
Registered
917 Posts
It's not so much the time together, it's whether you have enough evidence or not.

I'd suggest having a read through the partner migration booklet first: https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1127.pdf

For a partner visa, you need to show evidence of 4 broad categories:

• financial aspects;
• the nature of the household;
• social context of the relationship; and
• the nature of your commitment to each other.

It might be a good idea to get a consultation with a registered migration agent, they would be able to tell you if you have a good chance of an approval or not yet.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Zayalhwa,

I would also suggest you consult with a RMA (or your wife if she is back in Oz). What the others posted is correct. There may be other options too, such as coming to Australia on a Visitor Visa and applying on-shore. I assume you plan to reside permanently in Australia, not return to Egypt to live?

Depending on the problems in Saudi, then legal advice is probably more essential... especially if some legal problem. If you have lived there for more than 12 months, you would need a police check from Saudia Arabia too...

I think the evidence about the relationship seems pretty OK at this stage, but a RMA can provide advice about all documentation and evidence required to give most chance of the application being successful, whether off-shore or on-shore, if you can get yourself here first on another visa (eg visitor visa). Good luck.

- Dr Phil West, Ph.D
Registered Migration Agent. MARN: 1680879
Superior Migration Consultancy (Melbourne)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would also suggest to consult a registered migration agent. Particularly as you say you have problems in Saudi Arabia and that you have to leave within 8 months. Depending on what these problems are, they might cause problems for your visa applications, too...
I mean, I have a scholarship to study for a master's degree but it will end within eight months of my graduation

Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Zayalhwa,

I would also suggest you consult with a RMA (or your wife if she is back in Oz). What the others posted is correct. There may be other options too, such as coming to Australia on a Visitor Visa and applying on-shore. I assume you plan to reside permanently in Australia, not return to Egypt to live?

Depending on the problems in Saudi, then legal advice is probably more essential... especially if some legal problem. If you have lived there for more than 12 months, you would need a police check from Saudia Arabia too...

I think the evidence about the relationship seems pretty OK at this stage, but a RMA can provide advice about all documentation and evidence required to give most chance of the application being successful, whether off-shore or on-shore, if you can get yourself here first on another visa (eg visitor visa). Good luck.

- Dr Phil West, Ph.D
Registered Migration Agent. MARN: 1680879
Superior Migration Consultancy (Melbourne)
I made visa subclass 600 and it's refused , and I have lived in Saudi Arabia for 10 years ,
also about my problem in ksa I mean, I have a scholarship to study for a master's degree but it will end within eight months of my graduation so i think this is not problem .

Thanks for the advice

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
You don't mention why your wife can't live with you in Egypt since she lives with you in Saudi.

I am not 100% but I think Saudi might be one of the countries where the processing of the form 80 takes a long time. IF that is the case then the processing time might be ages.

You don't mention anything about your parents meeting your wife?

It will be if you have enough evidence, have you combined your finances? do you have joint bills? do you have a joint lease etc? Sometimes it is better to wait a bit longer to get enough evidence to show a genuine relationship. Most of the evidence you have mention with the exception of sending her money and paying for her visa is not strong enough evidence for a partner visa from a high risk country.

Egypt is a high risk country which means that you need more evidence than someone from the USA/Canada etc

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
You don't mention why your wife can't live with you in Egypt since she lives with you in Saudi.

I am not 100% but I think Saudi might be one of the countries where the processing of the form 80 takes a long time. IF that is the case then the processing time might be ages.

You don't mention anything about your parents meeting your wife?

It will be if you have enough evidence, have you combined your finances? do you have joint bills? do you have a joint lease etc? Sometimes it is better to wait a bit longer to get enough evidence to show a genuine relationship. Most of the evidence you have mention with the exception of sending her money and paying for her visa is not strong enough evidence for a partner visa from a high risk country.

Egypt is a high risk country which means that you need more evidence than someone from the USA/Canada etc
thank you for advice
in Arab countries we have a different culture about the bills and a joint lease etc and I think the case officer know that about our culture in Arab counters
she didn't like to life in Egypt Because Egypt is a high risk country

my wife didn't meet my family yet but she speak with my family every week and they contact with all my family (mother sister wife's brothers.......) on Facebook and whats up
give me more evidence for example Please

·
Registered
458 Posts
thank you for advice
in Arab countries we have a different culture about the bills and a joint lease etc and I think the case officer know that about our culture in Arab counters

my wife didn't meet my family yet but she speak with my family every week and they contact with all my family (mother sister wife's brothers.......) on Facebook and whats up
Why don't you contact a migration agent for a consultation?
We have a few good one on this forum like Mark Northam .

It will be best if you wife meet up with your family in person before applying for the visa . Immigration might find it weird if you apply and your wife has not met your family yet .

Reactions: zayalhwa

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why don't you contact a migration agent for a consultation?
We have a few good one on this forum like Mark Northam .

how i can contact with him ?

It will be best if you wife meet up with your family in person before applying for the visa . Immigration might find it weird if you apply and your wife has not met your family yet

my wife met my brothers and my Uncle in person
Do you think that is enough?Or should she meet my mother in person?
Another question pls
Do I need form 47SP if I will submit online?

·
Registered
972 Posts
get civilized first and learn how to type in an internet forum. it is going to be helpful for you as australia is a civilized country.
Speaking about being civil, pull your head in and maybe lead by example.

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
thank you for advice

Yes they know about Arab culture which is why it is better that your wife meets your parents. It would have been better if she had met them before marriage as that is normal in Arab culture but too late now.

I am not sure about Saudi but in Egypt you can get a contract for the rental in both names and if the foreigner is residing in the country you can get a joint bank account too. This is something that the case officers will be aware of.

Other examples of evidence are things like joint holidays, joint hotel bookings, tickets for events, joint insurance, life insurance, wills listing each other as beneficaries.

The issue with the middle east is that there are some visa hunters and they make it harder for everyone else so you need alot of evidence to show you are genuine.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.