Australia Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
7,406 Posts
Hello, I'm an Australian citizen - my husband is Moroccan. We live together in Morocco and we have been waiting since 11th April 2022 for his 309. I guess those who get a yes in 2-4 months are from western nations or are newly lodged applications so immigration can make their numbers look good and faster than they are. The rest of us are left hanging. We've just been told to keep waiting and hope for the best.
It may be that some countries are faster at confirming information than other countries, when the immigration people in each embassy are requesting checks.

· Registered
56 Posts
It may be that some countries are faster at confirming information than other countries, when the immigration people in each embassy are requesting checks.
where is this information coming from I wonder.... lol. countries like US England France etc etc are faster at giving information vs so called Third world countries...

in-fact in countries like England neighbours don't even know each other's names etc and Govt. has covenants of not releasing private information so how come those are faster. while countries like Philippines everyone knows everything happening around in village and govt. don't have strict covenants for private information etc. sounds a completely bogus reason.

https://www.anao.gov.au/work/request/partner-visa-processing

check out what Jullian Hill has alleged alongwith his Data leading to ANAO Audits on processes followed by office.

· Registered
193 Posts
where is this information coming from I wonder.... lol. countries like US England France etc etc are faster at giving information vs so called Third world countries...

in-fact in countries like England neighbours don't even know each other's names etc and Govt. has covenants of not releasing private information so how come those are faster. while countries like Philippines everyone knows everything happening around in village and govt. don't have strict covenants for private information etc. sounds a completely bogus reason.

check out what Jullian Hill has alleged alongwith his Data leading to ANAO Audits on processes followed by office.

You've obviously never been to the Philippines before. I can attest, with first hand knowledge, that getting anything done in any Govt office, is akin to getting your teeth pulled without any anaesthesia over a 3 day period.

What JandE is alluding to is quite correct IMO. Getting information from certain countries governments will take longer than others

· Registered
7,406 Posts

Julian Hill seems to get a few things wrong. For example, when he says "the DHA website shows that prospective marriage visas currently take between 23- 27 months to process". He seems to have misread the info. In the month that those figures were released, (June 2021) only 15% of grants took between 23 and 27 months. 75% were faster than 23 months
The actual times were:
The median average processing time in June 2021, for subclass 300 grants, was 13 months.
  • 25% took up to 7 months to finalise.
  • 25% took between 7 and 13 months.
  • 25% took between 13 and 23 months.
  • 15% took between 23 and 27 months.
  • 10% took over 27 months.
Such a massive error, on his part, leads me to not rely on any figures he says.

The median average processing time for Subclass 300 Provisional Marriage Visa visas, that were finalised in November 2022, was 10 Months.

You say: "countries like England neighbours don't even know each other's names etc and Govt. has covenants of not releasing private information"
I'm not sure how relevant that is, but I am aware that the local staff in the UK embassy do seem to process visas faster than the local staff in the Philippines.

I have also heard that the UK and Australia do share immigration information very quickly.

I am also aware of how slowly the Philippine staff work, in general.

· Registered
193 Posts
It's no secret that Julian Hill had a vendetta against the previous Govts immigration office. Used it as a vote buying exercise during covid.
Quite funny now that he's in office you don't hear much about it even though nothing has really changed and some things have even got worse

· Registered
56 Posts
You've obviously never been to the Philippines before. I can attest, with first hand knowledge, that getting anything done in any Govt office, is akin to getting your teeth pulled without any anaesthesia over a 3 day period.

What JandE is alluding to is quite correct IMO. Getting information from certain countries governments will take longer than others
I have been to Tandas so that's Wrong. just give me a Legendcom reference of what is stated i.e. Getting information from certain countries' governments may take a longer or a shorter time. in fact till CO is assigned nobody will even look upon at file. and on day CO is assigned typically he will be deciding 3 to 4 files. till then they are in ABBEYANCE and KEPT IN VOID. truth is few favored nations have faster processing because there is no capping on them, while others have capping.

as far as anaesthesia over a 3 day period from govt office to get a process done ---- that visualizing experience could be and may be of as well as at personal levels. at G to G, its different version and i can attest you never have observed multi-countries administration and G to G administration and liaison.

so instead of blah blah from here and there, JandE says that getting information from some countries can be slower an that's why some nationals have waiting time of 48 months while USA, Canada, UK countries have wait time of 7 months, that is ridiculous.

You say: "countries like England neighbours don't even know each other's names etc and Govt. has covenants of not releasing private information"
I'm not sure how relevant that is, but I am aware that the local staff in the UK embassy do seem to process visas faster than the local staff in the Philippines. ---- Exactly but data suggests same. now comparing UK national processing office being Philippines --- again same long wait time. so clearly and conclusively its not Govt information confirmation that is delaying processing. it is something else. now that something else is a worry...
Relevancy:- SUBSTANCE OVER FORM. google up the term and for intelligent person like JandE i don't think i would need to take a class for the same. see the AAT decisions- mostly neighbours were not able to confirm factuals as claimed by applicant--- this statement is used to verify claims (i.e .documentary vs general knowledge of those people who are relevant and would have had the information if at all it was true).

I have also heard that the UK and Australia do share immigration information very quickly. actually, Bi-lateral G to G agreements, so turnaround time is not in dispute. USA many Govt processes are yet paper based v/s India where 90 % of Govt processes are online since 2017. so information confirmation is delayed and hence slow processing cannot be a justified answer at all. The audit trail of any information is to be confirmed. when a document exists and is claimed by the applicant v/s process of verification -- the existence of a document with a unique bar code on each document from a governmental institute readily available, i vouch countries like the USA, Canada, UK are way behind then many other countries because i know first hand. for e.g. AFP started digital recently while many foreign PCC are doing this since 2017. so confirmation was at tip of hand, hence processing delay due to confirmation from govt is far fetched.

I suggest that if audit is done live on news channel, along with Business analytics person of Dept, live with reporters on, said Auditor can within 4-5 days bring out data along with Audit trail to show point of JULIAN HILL exists. the only part that would be tough will be to trace responsible and accountable person.

I am also aware of how slowly the Philippine staff work, in general.
[/QUOTE]

So wrong data dependence that ANAO didn't object and dismiss his claim in-limine--- you indicate and say so.. hard to digest it. .. wow. JandE put your hands on your heart and say honesty Julian Hill do not have a point and it needs investigation which is in progress already. we are in a country where at one point of time Indigenous people's genocide was never reported, villages and villages were killed and burnt. suddenly whole country became --- inverse population ratio.

There is something else that is delaying the processing. now that new govt. have come in, I believe point which lead to delay in processing could be vanishing, nevertheless, we saw Corona time Govt orders for specific country, however same kind of order did not repeat for china in current scenario, in contrast current corona outbreak of china is way more scarier.

· Registered
56 Posts
It's no secret that Julian Hill had a vendetta against the previous Govts immigration office. Used it as a vote buying exercise during covid.
Quite funny now that he's in office you don't hear much about it even though nothing has really changed and some things have even got worse
will have to wait for ANAO outcome. till then its --- finger on lips.

· Registered
56 Posts
So untrue. we all are not against the VENDETTA thing. we are for better Australia, for Fair Australia.

· Registered
7,406 Posts
Julian Hill said "But if you fall in love with someone from most of Africa, or the Middle East, or a lot of South Asia, parts of India, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, those parts of the world, then good luck to you, you are going to be waiting years you will not get a visitor visa to come to the country and wait here, that is discrimination."

Why do some of those visitor visas take years, when others in the same location take weeks? My wife, when we were waiting for the 300, took only 5 weeks to get a 12 month stay subclass 600, her previous visa took 4 weeks.
Could it be the quality of the application?
Could it be the clarity of the explanations, in a language that is easily understood.
Julian Hill says it is discrimination, and lies about the times that these visas take.

Julian Hill says:
If you're from some places like Afghanistan, it can take four years to get a visa.
If you fall in love with someone from Germany or the USA, you can get a visa maybe in seven months. I mean, that is outrageous discrimination.

His comparison is the slowest time for Afghanistan, where political issues can delay many things, compared to the fastest times for Germany or the USA.

FOI Request FA 21/05/00157 report shows:

In the first 4 months of 2021, the averages for India were: 16, 15, 20 and 14 months.
In the first 4 months of 2021, the averages for China were: 19, 13, 15 and 14 months.
In the first 4 months of 2021, the averages for UK were: 17, 21, 24 and 16 months.
In the first 4 months of 2021, the averages for USA were: 4, 4, 7 and 10 months.
In the first 4 months of 2021, the averages for Canada were: 7, 21, 11 and 12 months.

Looking at the above, the averages in February 2021 were:

USA 4 months.
China 13 months.
India 15 months.
Canada 21 months.
UK 21 months.
Is it Discrimination against the Canadians and British to process visas faster in India and China?

Partner Visas from Afghan nationals were originally processed in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
In March 2021, it appears that Dubai transferred its partner visa case load to Amman in Jordan.
Dubai processed only 137 subclass 309/300 visas over the first 4 months of 2021.
Amman processed 89 subclass 309/300 visas during April 2021, with an average time of 16 months. Unfortunately the current information does not give a breakdown for each nationality. But they were faster than the UK, in February 2021.

Can you explain how discrimination affected these two Subclass 309 Grants in August 2021.
Indian. Processed in India in 19 months.
Indian. Processed in India in 5 months.
Which one of those Indians, processed in India, was discriminated against, by who and why?

Is it the differences in those two application that cause the delays or the nationality? Being the same Indian nationality, or could it be the difference in understanding or validating the data in the application.

· Registered
7,406 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Julian Hill said "But if you fall in love with someone from most of Africa, or the Middle East, or a lot of South Asia, parts of India, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, those parts of the world, then good luck to you, you are going to be waiting years you will not get a visitor visa to come to the country and wait here, that is discrimination."

Why do some of those visitor visas take years, when others in the same location take weeks? My wife, when we were waiting for the 300, took only 5 weeks to get a 12 month stay subclass 600, her previous visa took 4 weeks.
Could it be the quality of the application?
Could it be the clarity of the explanations, in a language that is easily understood.
Julian Hill says it is discrimination, and lies about the times that these visas take.

Julian Hill says:
If you're from some places like Afghanistan, it can take four years to get a visa.
If you fall in love with someone from Germany or the USA, you can get a visa maybe in seven months. I mean, that is outrageous discrimination.

His comparison is the slowest time for Afghanistan, where political issues can delay many things, compared to the fastest times for Germany or the USA.

FOI Request FA 21/05/00157 report shows:

In the first 4 months of 2021, the averages for India were: 16, 15, 20 and 14 months.
In the first 4 months of 2021, the averages for China were: 19, 13, 15 and 14 months.
In the first 4 months of 2021, the averages for UK were: 17, 21, 24 and 16 months.
In the first 4 months of 2021, the averages for USA were: 4, 4, 7 and 10 months.
In the first 4 months of 2021, the averages for Canada were: 7, 21, 11 and 12 months.

Looking at the above, the averages in February 2021 were:

USA 4 months.
China 13 months.
India 15 months.
Canada 21 months.
UK 21 months.
Is it Discrimination against the Canadians and British to process visas faster in India and China?

Partner Visas from Afghan nationals were originally processed in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
In March 2021, it appears that Dubai transferred its partner visa case load to Amman in Jordan.
Dubai processed only 137 subclass 309/300 visas over the first 4 months of 2021.
Amman processed 89 subclass 309/300 visas during April 2021, with an average time of 16 months. Unfortunately the current information does not give a breakdown for each nationality. But they were faster than the UK, in February 2021.

Can you explain how discrimination affected these two Subclass 309 Grants in August 2021.
Indian. Processed in India in 19 months.
Indian. Processed in India in 5 months.
Which one of those Indians, processed in India, was discriminated against, by who and why?

Is it the differences in those two application that cause the delays or the nationality? Being the same Indian nationality, or could it be the difference in understanding or validating the data in the application.

Well thats what Audit is for, isn't it ? we all are outside the dept, rather than inside the dept. the information sought is INSIDER information, isn't it ? India visa processed 5 vs 19 is mostly -- 5 ones would be only 309 grants. whereas 19 months would be 309/100 grants. data that is available, is showing probability and that probability is to be verified. now that is another case where FOI are being charged unnecessarily ! however a thought is there, its needs investigation. we all are waiting on so called independent investigation i.e. Audit. Discrimination is not there in Australia is your presumption, and those who have lived there can vouch for their experiences.

my experience, VIC roads, test. I had to file for ombudsman complaint, wherein 6 hidden cameras were fitted in car, I passed the test, sr. inspector was engaged, he orally said sorry for his previous jr. inspector who had failed me for citing reason which did not happen at all, infact she was offended by Lord Ganesha idol sitting on my car deck. Even the lady after my pass test orally said sorry. so don't atleast tell me there is no discrimination.

my previous partner's experience at Goodstart Early learning centre, we had to file for Order/ injunction to not discriminate her, because of her colour, wherein eventually we settled so that a negative image is not depicted for employer, keeping good heart.

my previous experience at interview, recorded telephonic conversation - to start from monday, a form for any previous worksafe injury or not was somehow left out, i was called in to fill in, the moment i declared previous work injury and claim, i was sent email of being unsuccessful at application. on filing case, the lady was fired, his hr boss said sorry in conciliation meeting, he admitted that it was not for her to decide that were you eligible for said work or not, she should have asked for independent medical opinion.

I dare you find many people unable to get jobs, whoever declares their previous workcover claim.

actually the whole system is filled with discrimination here and there, mostly unsaid. brother JandE Australia needs people who can pinpoint flaws into system and people's behaviour and correctional measures taken, rather than closing eyes and being adamant about that their is no discrimination.

FOI is powerful tool. need to use it, with open eyes and intention, thought of equal probability of happening of event or not have had happening of event.

· Registered
56 Posts
Most people would be against any vendetta.
you assume many things or rather in an attempt of being part of system, you are probably denying the probability of factum in dispute.

I am submitting that some group of people - both, 1 very open and extrovert about their thoughts and 2 very introvert and sub-silent actors are there within the system.

· Registered
7,406 Posts
<...>so don't atleast tell me there is no discrimination.
<...>
Discrimination is not there in Australia is your presumption, and those who have lived there can vouch for their experiences.
<...>
rather than closing eyes and being adamant about that their is no discrimination.
Have I said there is no discrimination in Australia? There is discrimination in every country. Some people don't face it, while others do, even when the same nationality.

I am questioning some statements, and following actual processing times.

· Registered
7,406 Posts
you assume many things or rather in an attempt of being part of system, you are probably denying the probability of factum in dispute.

I am submitting that some group of people - both, 1 very open and extrovert about their thoughts and 2 very introvert and sub-silent actors are there within the system.
I said most, not all.

And you say I am denying the probability of factum in dispute?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts