Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the department automatically pick up visa applications based on the number of years of relationship?

I read somewhere that they were dealing with applications in the order of submission. Then, I read that it was not so, and the ready-for-review applications were prioritized.

However, assuming the latter to be true, are there more sub-criteria like length of relationship on which cases are being allotted?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Does the department automatically pick up visa applications based on the number of years of relationship?

I read somewhere that they were dealing with applications in the order of submission. Then, I read that it was not so, and the ready-for-review applications were prioritized.

However, assuming the latter to be true, are there more sub-criteria like length of relationship on which cases are being allotted?
It has been a big lottery recently in where in the pile applications have been pulled from (I think someone shuffled the pile), but years of relationship does not seem to be a big factor - decision ready yes.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm... That is quite mysterious. I just wish I was able to make plans for the future with at least a ballpark date with one or two months of variance to rely on.

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
It might settle a bit in a few weeks time??

I personally think they came short on some expected numbers & are trying to fix overall numbers of "Planning Levels", so some easy Family Stream visas have been processed - we should be able to see that in the data next month.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It might settle a bit in a few weeks time??

I personally think they came short on some expected numbers & are trying to fix overall numbers of "Planning Levels", so some easy Family Stream visas have been processed - we should be able to see that in the data next month.
Fingers-crossed.
Someone said that the year-end for immigration purposes is June 30.
Hopefully, after the applications going online completely, they realise that the processing can be done faster.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Fingers-crossed.
Someone said that the year-end for immigration purposes is June 30.
Hopefully, after the applications going online completely, they realise that the processing can be done faster.
Processing has always been limited by planning levels of the yearly target.

Seems that some areas of skilled or work visas have not had as many applicants, so the levels can not be meet.

The Case Officer of a Partner Visa only gets around 5 or 6 hours to process your application - with many computers online processing may be slower!

Yes it is year end 30 June.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Processing has always been limited by planning levels of the yearly target.

Seems that some areas of skilled or work visas have not had as many applicants, so the levels can not be meet.

The Case Officer of a Partner Visa only gets around 5 or 6 hours to process your application - with many computers online processing may be slower!

Yes it is year end 30 June.
Interesting. I hope I can report some positive news soon...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.