Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I am a Kiwi and my partner is British, we are currently applying for the 461 visa so we can stay in Australia together. We already living here so applying within Australia (she is on WHV)

Just wanted to hear from anyone who has completed this Visa recently mainly around what documentation was submitted to show you are in a valid relationship? We have joint bank accounts and a joint tenancy agreement. From what I understand we need 2 statements from Australian citizens to verify we are a couple (Form 888 if i've read correct). What else have people submitted? Do we need to provide a joint statement or individual statement about our relationship? We have done lots of travelling together around Europe/Australia/NZ so if i find flight confirmations will this help? Also saw they need a family tree, how have others done this for their application?

If anyone is able to advise of what documents they submitted it would be greatly appreciated this is all very complicated haha!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey,

When I submitted mine I gave

-2 statements from Australian citizens
- each wrote a statement of relationship - down to who does the washing, how we met etc
-statements from our families
-photos (from trips, with our joint friends, with our families)
-cards from birthdays, valentines etc
-Facebook screenshots
-flight tickets and confirmation emails of trips, theatre tickets with names on,
-joint lease
- letters addressed to us at that address
-joint statements

·
Registered
63 Posts
I didn't submit any statements. My lawyer told me we only need to provide these if the case officer requests them.
We also registered our relationship which was a big thing to do

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey,

When I submitted mine I gave

-2 statements from Australian citizens
- each wrote a statement of relationship - down to who does the washing, how we met etc
-statements from our families
-photos (from trips, with our joint friends, with our families)
-cards from birthdays, valentines etc
-Facebook screenshots
-flight tickets and confirmation emails of trips, theatre tickets with names on,
-joint lease
- letters addressed to us at that address
-joint statements
Thanks for the reply! did you do a family tree? and also what was the difference between your individual statements and joint one?

in regards to family statement is it more to say we have attended family events together and to confirm its a genuine relationship?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.