Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm currently in the uk and applying for a new zealand family visa 461 with my partner who I was living with In AU. He is currently still over there and i was going to send off my application from here in the uk. Just wanted to be clear on what documents I need to send with my application it's a bit unclear on whether they need his actual nz passport or birth certificate (which i dont have here) or if certified copies will do?
Also if visa application takes to long am I allowed to reenter australia on a tourist visa whilst it processes ?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Hi I'm currently in the uk and applying for a new zealand family visa 461 with my partner who I was living with In AU. He is currently still over there and i was going to send off my application from here in the uk. Just wanted to be clear on what documents I need to send with my application it's a bit unclear on whether they need his actual nz passport or birth certificate (which i dont have here) or if certified copies will do?
Also if visa application takes to long am I allowed to reenter australia on a tourist visa whilst it processes ?
Thanks!
If you're applying online then good quality colour copy's will suffice - you don't need to get them certified as true copies.

If you currently hold a tourist visa that allows you to return to Australia then you can continue to use it as long as it is valid and you comply with the conditions on it. The tourist visa will cease to exist when the 461 is granted.

I believe you can be either inside or outside Australia for a grant, just need to get someone to confirm this as if there is a limitation then you would need to inform the case officer that you were onshore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.