Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I am an international student currently doing a Master in Global Project Management Advanced at Torrens University with 2 years duration.

My intention is to apply for 485 visa Graduate Stream, as I can't apply for the post study work stream because I came before 2011 with a student visa.

My only concern is if my master degree will be considered closely related to my nominated occupation, which is civil engineer.

Anyone with a similar situation or knowledge of this matter?

Thank you!
Alex

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
There is a good chance you will be able to do that. All civil engineering projects require project management. I had a case several years ago where the department refused a 485 visa based on the academic study was not related to the nominated occupation. I took it to the MRT (Now AAT) and won. I was able to show that they were related.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply! Would you mind to give me the number of the jurisprudence, so I can understand better your case?
And do you know if when we apply its possible to send some documents to reinforce that the master is closely related to my skill?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi mate.
I'm civil engineer as well and I'm in a very similar position.
I intend to apply for 485 next month.

Would like to know what happened to your case.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,978 Posts

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Most MRT/AAT decisions are not published to the public domain and are sometimes superseded by court decisions which are sometimes superseded by a higher court.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.