Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one, hope you can leave an advice on this

I recently got rejected for visa 485 as I did not have Federal Police Check when I applied (This was completely my fault as I though this was not mandatory). I've just applied for Police check and am waiting for certificate to arrive.

After that, I plan to apply to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) for a merits review of the decision (based on the letter form immigration). Do you think I can get my 485 visa after the review?

Many many thanks for your help

Kind regards,

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Think this exact same thing happened a year or 2 ago.

No the Appeal will not be successful.

Reason is you did not supply all information and documents required "at the time of application". There is nothing to appeal.

Sorry.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi every one, hope you can leave an advice on this

I recently got rejected for visa 485 as I did not have Federal Police Check when I applied (This was completely my fault as I though this was not mandatory). I've just applied for Police check and am waiting for certificate to arrive.

After that, I plan to apply to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) for a merits review of the decision (based on the letter form immigration). Do you think I can get my 485 visa after the review?

Many many thanks for your help

Kind regards,
I cannot believe how often this happens. i think people should not be allowed to lodge their own sc. 485 visas !

A review will buy you time, but nothing else, as you clearly did not meet "Time of Application" requirements.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.