Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i am applying for 485 visa (with wife) onshore. Do i need to apply separately for my wife or a same application is enough? She is currently living outside Australia. I am confused if we need to wait for my graduate visa to granted before she can apply. please help :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Members of your family unit (your wife) can make a combined application with your 485 visa application. So no need to separately apply for her visa, regardless of her current location. Only primary applicant (you) has to be onshore at the tie of visa application and grant. All secondary applicants (your wife or other dependent) may be inside or outside Australia at the time of combined visa application and visa grant.

However visa to all the secondary applicant will only be granted after you (as a primary applicant) have been granted your visa first.
Thank you so much for your help! :) By November, Ill include my wife in my graduate visa application so that soon enough we can be together. :):):)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you wife is outside Australia then the Department has to grant your visa first before you can apply for your wife. For a person to be included on a 485 visa application onshore, they must hold or have recently held a student visa.
Thank you so much Sir! Can i still include her in my application as my family dependent if i apply my grad visa this November? If she has her tourist visa, would it still be possible?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.