Australia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i had applied for my visa 2 weeks back and status still shows as Received. The last updated date is the date i submitted my application.

Is there anyone else who is facing the same issue? I have applied from India

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi.
It's been more than 37 days and the status still shows as received for my wife and me. The last updated date is the date of submission. It's ridiculous that it takes so long where as I know of people who have got the visa in 3-5 days (they have previous travel history & have immediate family there ). I also read somewhere that our visa application has been selected for manual processing, can anyone explain what that means ? Is there something like automatic processing as well ?

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
I also read somewhere that our visa application has been selected for manual processing, can anyone explain what that means ? Is there something like automatic processing as well ?
It means it will be looked at by a case officer, who may need to do additional checking.

Automatic processing is done for some nationalities, where presumably automatic checks can be carried out if required.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Hi.
It's been more than 37 days and the status still shows as received for my wife and me. The last updated date is the date of submission. It's ridiculous that it takes so long where as I know of people who have got the visa in 3-5 days (they have previous travel history & have immediate family there )
It could well stay at "received" until it is finalised.

3-5 days is unusually fast, especially now with staff shortages and high application numbers.

Even before COVID slowed down the processing, the 600 visa times were around 4-5 weeks for many applicants. Some nationalities take longer than others.

My wife's two tourist stream applications were 28 and 37 days.

The subclass 600 business visa stream is much faster with a median of 1 day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could well stay at "received" until it is finalised.

3-5 days is unusually fast, especially now with staff shortages and high application numbers.

Even before COVID slowed down the processing, the 600 visa times were around 4-5 weeks for many applicants. Some nationalities take longer than others.

My wife's two tourist stream applications were 28 and 37 days.

The subclass 600 business visa stream is much faster with a median of 1 day.
Thank you for the prompt reply, appreciate it. I did not know that it can go to finalized from received, nonetheless the wait is super irritating. A friend of mine from india who had previous travel history to australia got his in one week, so that's why I'm surprised that there is not update for mine even after 38 days .

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Thank you for the prompt reply, appreciate it. I did not know that it can go to finalized from received, nonetheless the wait is super irritating. A friend of mine from india who had previous travel history to australia got his in one week, so that's why I'm surprised that there is not update for mine even after 38 days .
There wasn't an update for my wife's one at 37 days. Just the grant.

They only tend to contact if they need more information from you.

If they were to contact you, without needing anything, all they could say is your application is in process, which you already know.

With current staff shortages, that could mean even more delays while spending time telling people they are still in processing.

Waiting for visas can be frustrating, but it is something we all have to cope with, especially during this COVID situation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There wasn't an update for my wife's one at 37 days. Just the grant.

They only tend to contact if they need more information from you.

If they were to contact you, without needing anything, all they could say is your application is in process, which you already know.

With current staff shortages, that could mean even more delays while spending time telling people they are still in processing.

Waiting for visas can be frustrating, but it is something we all have to cope with, especially during this COVID situation.
Oh i did not know that the application is/may be under processing as the last updated date hasn't changed since the date of submission and status still shows are received. Let's hope for the best

1 - 7 of 7 Posts