Australia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I understand you (y)
Before you applied, which dates you stated that You will fly to Australia? Did you provide flight reservations etc?
You don't have to answer this but I am wondering how much money in total did you show in your bank account?
Yes, I have been working for the same company for 7 years. I will be on paid leave for the duration of my trip to Australia and I am entitled to paid leave for all future travel. Also, a letter stating that if I have any health problems during my stay in Australia, all my expenses such as accident or illness will be covered by the company I work for. I added them all to my file

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes, I have been working for the same company for 7 years. I will be on paid leave for the duration of my trip to Australia and I am entitled to paid leave for all future travel. Also, a letter stating that if I have any health problems during my stay in Australia, all my expenses such as accident or illness will be covered by the company I work for. I added them all to my file
Ah got it . So you didn't state a certain date when you will fly to Australia?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I understand you (y)
Before you applied, which dates you stated that You will fly to Australia? Did you provide flight reservations etc?
You don't have to answer this but I am wondering how much money in total did you show in your bank account?
I did not make a reservation, there was a total of 10000 usd money in the bank

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
I heard that it s better to show flight ticket. They try to give the visa before the flight date.
Immigration advise people not to book a ticket before the visa is granted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Visitor 600 (Tourism Stream), Applied 3rd June. Granted 21st September, So their ~110 day estimate is fairly accurate.
Sri Lankan passport, based in Singapore.
Sadly this time is one year, whereas previously received 3rd. Was free-of-charge due to covid disruptions, so cant complain.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Immigration advise people not to book a ticket before the visa is granted.
Yes I knew it, but one of my friend who got her visa after 36 days, called Embassy. Embassy said ''if you have the flight ticket it's better and they will try to give the visa before the flight date''.
I am just telling what I heard :)
But of course, if you don't have flight ticket it's not the end of the world.

I showed 5000aud in my bank account for 15days trip. Hope it will be enough.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Visitor 600 (Sponsored Family), Applied 8th August. Granted 20th September, exactly 44 days.
Indian passport, earlier based in the USA, currently in India.
Emailed a complaint letter on Monday (19th September).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Yes I knew it, but one of my friend who got her visa after 36 days, called Embassy. Embassy said ''if you have the flight ticket it's better and they will try to give the visa before the flight date''.
I am just telling what I heard :)
But of course, if you don't have flight ticket it's not the end of the world.

I showed 5000aud in my bank account for 15days trip. Hope it will be enough.
Today I learned that my visa result was negative.🥺🥺

21 - 40 of 49 Posts