Australia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just got my partner visa 820. I was wondering if i need to take any further actions for visa 801.. do I still need to upload updates or should I just wait until it is decided?

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Hi, I just got my partner visa 820. I was wondering if i need to take any further actions for visa 801.. do I still need to upload updates or should I just wait until it is decided?
If you do nothing, then nothing will probably happen, until you eventually get a reminder to complete the 2nd stage of the application.

A lot of it is similar to the 820.

You can begin the 2nd stage application at about 23 months after you lodged the 820.

You do not do updates in the 820 application.

You create a new one (801) in the same immi account.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok thanks. So to my understanding when I get the information that I'm eligible to apply for 801, I have to make another application.
And the evidence? Do I copy the same from 820 and add new ones, or just evidence since the 820 grant date?
Also, is there a way to check the eligibility date?

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Ok thanks. So to my understanding when I get the information that I'm eligible to apply for 801, I have to make another application.
And the evidence? Do I copy the same from 820 and add new ones, or just evidence since the 820 grant date?
Also, is there a way to check the eligibility date?
Your eligibility date is 24 months after you lodged your 820. You can start the application 1 month before the eligibility date. Most people get an email to remind them. We didn't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts