Australia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has ever been requested to do a second medical for the second stage visa 801 or visa 100?
My wife came from PMV 300 and was not asked to do a medical during the 820 application (even though the PMV health check was over a year old). I am just wondering what is the possibility for getting asked to do another medical? And has anyone been refused the PR because of a health condition found during the 2 years of the TR (820 or 309) period?

· Registered
7,371 Posts
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has ever been requested to do a second medical for the second stage visa 801 or visa 100?
My wife came from PMV 300 and was not asked to do a medical during the 820 application (even though the PMV health check was over a year old). I am just wondering what is the possibility for getting asked to do another medical? And has anyone been refused the PR because of a health condition found during the 2 years of the TR (820 or 309) period?
We did the 300, 820, 801. Only the one medical at the start for the 300.
That was even stated as the 801 medical on the paperwork.

· Registered
46 Posts
Hi, I’m sure they don’t request to do a second one, unless there’s a problem.
Once I came across information that, for example, people with chronic hep B can be denied a permanent visa, because they fail to meet the health requirements. And it’s just one example. I am sure prior issuing a visa (permanent) they do check with the Health Department whether an applicant is a burden (or gonna be) on a tax payer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts