Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Visa 820/801

5K views 36 replies 8 participants last post by  Lesliekreipe 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I'm an Australian permanent resident and my wife has got her visa 820 approved around 2 years ago. This coming March, she will be eligible to apply for Visa 801 which will convert her into a PR. We have two questions if anyone is kindly able to assist:

1. We read somewhere that the DIBP no longer contacts us about the eligibility on Visa 801 and it's our onus to put in the submission ourselves - is this true? Her 820 visa was processed and approved at the Perth Processing Centre and the CO actually rang her upon approval and told her that in two years time the case will be passed on to the Melbourne Centre when she is eligible for Visa 801 and she will be contacted by then for necessary documentations. So we were a little confused if we should wait or just put through the application this coming March.

2. Our boy was born last year and he is automatically an Australian Citizen. Should we still fill in Form 1022 to notify them about our new situation? I assume not, because we will be informing them anyway in our next Visa 801 application?

Hope some of you can clarify the above for us.

Many thanks in advance,
Alwin

See less See more
#11 ·
Like already mentioned, she was eligible for Stage 2 assessment two years after the 820/801 application, not the 820 grant. Evidence supplied needs to be since the 820 grant.

The notification had stopped being sent out for a while. It was and still is simply a courtesy reminder. There was never a requirement to need to be contacted by immigration before you could submit documents.

I would certainly get on and do it straight away. Like said, you're very lucky she hasn't had anyone look at her case yet, as you're automatically put in queue for Stage 2 processing once you reach the eligibility date.

As for the child, just add it to your evidences for Stage 2.

Doesn't matter that the initial application was by paper. Just create an immi account, select "New application", then "Family", then "Stage 2 Assessment". She'll need to complete the online form to get to the upload screen for evidences. You'll also need to do a sponsor stat dec, the link of which can be found on the website here. She'll need the application ID or TRN to proceed through the online form, which will be either on the Acknowledgment of Application Received letter from the 820/801 application, or on her 820 grant letter.

#12 ·
Many thanks for your response and guidelines.

We have started the online application last night and have applied for the AFP check as well so once that comes through we will lodge the application.

With online application, once you've started your application we realized we could save our work and progress which is good given we are still waiting for the AFP. However, will IMMI start assessing your application at this point? Or they will only start assessing once you hit the Submit button?

Cheers again

#15 ·
Hi all, just a note to say thank you for the tips and my wife and I have put in our application for Stage 2 - Visa 801 over the weekend. We have attached all necessary documentations and are currently waiting on the AFP check to come through.

Coincidentally, we came across someone who is in a similar situation as us i.e. he was advised by IMMI that they will formally write an invite him to supply more information for stage 2 but nothing has happened. And the funny thing is his case has been overdue by 2 years (1 year later than us). He actually rang IMMI to check and was advised by IMMI that as long as they have not informed and invited him there is no need to action any further.

And, we went back to our Stage 1 visa approval letter and there's actually a section which says about Maintaining a valid visa as below:

'You have been granted a temporary visa and will become eligible for consideration for the grant of a permanent visa. You do no need to make a further application for the permanent visa. Generally, applicants become eligible two years after the date of lodgement of the combined application. Shortly before that date, the Department will write to you and invite to provide further information'

Another friend of mine who went through the same process he actually received an invite from IMMI just last week asking him to supply further information. In his case, he hasn't fulfilled the 2 year eligibility yet (2 months away)

So our question is - what is really the official process? Some did receive the invite some did not even after a while (like our case). We were just a little puzzled but are all relieved to have put through our application.

Cheers again.

#20 ·
Thank you all.

We were also wondering at what point would you click the button which says - 'I confirmed I have provided information as requested'? Do we just leave that as it is since we are still waiting for the AFP and potentially if they ask for further information in the future?

Cheers

#21 ·
Leave it until you have submitted the AFPs. I'm relieved to hear you got your application in. I've seen where people didn't put in the 2nd stage, forgot about it or didn't understand when to do it and received a refusal. That would be devastating. Best of luck!

#23 ·
I do not have to supply a new FBI check and according to the website, I shouldn't have to complete a new AFP check either. I haven't done an AFP check this round, as I did them for the 820 stage. Sometimes they ask for it, sometimes they grant without it. I'm just waiting to see if they ask for it. My son is now at Uni in the US, so I'm having him do a new FBI check, as he's been there for a year. He's doing Uni in the United States until our 801 is completed, due to the fees that he'd have to pay here in Australia.

You shouldn't need a new Malaysian police check. That being said, remember that this is DIBP and we don't always know what they'll ask for. LOL

#24 ·
I do not have to supply a new FBI check and according to the website, I shouldn't have to complete a new AFP check either. I haven't done an AFP check this round, as I did them for the 820 stage. Sometimes they ask for it, sometimes they grant without it. I'm just waiting to see if they ask for it. My son is now at Uni in the US, so I'm having him do a new FBI check, as he's been there for a year. He's doing Uni in the United States until our 801 is completed, due to the fees that he'd have to pay here in Australia.

You shouldn't need a new Malaysian police check. That being said, remember that this is DIBP and we don't always know what they'll ask for. LOL
Haha that's true.

I'm praying hard ours might get picked up again and processed a little quicker though I'm not expecting too much.

The status currently says Initial Assessment with processing time 19-24 months. My assumption is that let's say it gets processed 2 years from now, that means they might probably ask us to supply evidence (anytime now until that point) again....

#28 ·
Mine states: Further Assessment. This application is currently being assessed. The department may contact the applicant if further supporting documentation is required. It has said this since I uploaded everything at the beginning.

I plan to add some other documents just to show our ongoing relationship here in a few weeks. Figured it would be good to do so every 4-5 months.

#30 ·
Hey everyone,

I was hoping I could put in here the evidence I have submitted for the second part of my visa and I could get some advice if it’s sufficient enough?

Evidence

Stat dec from myself and partner
America customs tickets (2017)
America flight tickets (2017)
Hotel booking for America (2017)
England flights (2018) - visiting my family and friends
Festival tickets
5 uploads with pictures (roughly three pictures per upload)
Stat dec from mutual friend and partners mum
2018 police check
Form 80
Registered relationship certificate
Electricity/gas bill from rental (previous)
Two joint insurance statements on vehicles
Home loan documents x 2 (from bank)
Registration renewal for one vehicle
Electricity bill for current (bought) home
Rates notice for current (bought) home
Water usage notice for current (bought) home
Change of ownership notice on home from council
Joint back account statement
My defence partner ID (partner is in the defence)
Both of our dogs registration certificates

Thank you!

#31 ·
Hey everyone,

I was hoping I could put in here the evidence I have submitted for the second part of my visa and I could get some advice if it's sufficient enough?

Evidence

Stat dec from myself and partner
America customs tickets (2017)
America flight tickets (2017)
Hotel booking for America (2017)
England flights (2018) - visiting my family and friends
Festival tickets
5 uploads with pictures (roughly three pictures per upload)
Stat dec from mutual friend and partners mum
2018 police check
Form 80
Registered relationship certificate
Electricity/gas bill from rental (previous)
Two joint insurance statements on vehicles
Home loan documents x 2 (from bank)
Registration renewal for one vehicle
Electricity bill for current (bought) home
Rates notice for current (bought) home
Water usage notice for current (bought) home
Change of ownership notice on home from council
Joint back account statement
My defence partner ID (partner is in the defence)
Both of our dogs registration certificates

Thank you!
Pretty similar to ours I would say!

I didn't submit form 80 though cause it isn't mentioned on the DIBP website.

Best of luck!

#34 ·
Hope everyone is doing well!

I have a few questions here and am hoping if you guys could shed some lights. As you know we have lodged our 801 application in January and in the system it says the processing time is approximately 21-26 months. This coming September we will be heading back to Malaysia for a month to visit our family members and we will be spending a week in Korea for a short vacation.

The 820 visa that my wife is currently holding does not have any travel restrictions meaning to say she could travel in and out of the country as many times as she wants until visa 801 is granted. Also, it is stated that visa 801 could also be granted when one is overseas.

Our main concern is that is it likely the immi will get in touch with you to supply for further evidence when you are overseas? Will this have an impact with our application? Has anyone experienced such process before? If so, how did you deal with it and so on. I understand that with the technology nowadays we could easily upload documents online if required but if you need to re-supply certain evidence like Statutory Declarations and so on, I assume you need to get them certified by the professionals overseas?

Sorry I'm just thinking ahead if this happens at least we are ready and have a plan to tackle the situation, or at least get some documentations ready when we are away. However, looking at the processing timeline, it is not likely they will be in touch with us anytime soon.

Any feedback and thoughts are always welcomed :)

Cheers.

#35 ·
Hope everyone is doing well!

I have a few questions here and am hoping if you guys could shed some lights. As you know we have lodged our 801 application in January and in the system it says the processing time is approximately 21-26 months.
Many of the 801's are done within 9 to 12 months, even though it says 75% are done in under 21 months and 10% take over 26 months.

Give them an overseas contact before you go, and a return date, and you should be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.