Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I'm really glad I found this forum. :) I you can help me out on this - I think we all know the panic and pain of applying for a visa :(.

My partner and I are currently preparing everything for the 820 application and we have decided to do this online. However, as you surely know, information on the immi webpage can best be described as extremely patchy. In the online form, we have given descriptions on the nature of the household, social aspects, nature of commitment, financial aspects etc.
I'm now wondering whether we have to produce another set of handwritten documents on these topics in form of statutory declarations or whether it will suffice to just type more detailed versions of the above mentioned documents on the computer and upload them to the evidence page. Do you know more about this?

Also, the ominous form 80. I have read in some threads that it is not required, others say it is. I would greatly appreciate you opinion. :)

Thank you all very much for taking the time to answer me! It's just such a stressful thing to do...

Cheers,
Jula

·
Registered
814 Posts
In the online form, we have given descriptions on the nature of the household, social aspects, nature of commitment, financial aspects etc.
I'm now wondering whether we have to produce another set of handwritten documents on these topics in form of statutory declarations or whether it will suffice to just type more detailed versions of the above mentioned documents on the computer and upload them to the evidence page. Do you know more about this?
The long form answers online are sufficient. If you've answered those and feel like you've covered everything then there is no need to do stat decs, hand written or typed documents.

Also, the ominous form 80. I have read in some threads that it is not required, others say it is. I would greatly appreciate you opinion. :)
it used to only be required for applicants from high risk countries as far as I know. Fairly certain it's required of everyone now. They are even sometimes asking it of sponsors!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi tijanaoc,

Thank you for your response.

If the form 80 is needed, will they ask for it or just deny the visa? We're also having a chat to a migration agent next week so we might know for sure then.

Yeah, I think most of them are sufficient, but I could probably say more on the relationship. Some people have also written stat decs on their commitment to each other, instead the joint one. Does that make any difference?

Sorry for the many stupid questions:confused:

Thank you so much for your help :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi tijanaoc,

Thank you for your response.

If the form 80 is needed, will they ask for it or just deny the visa? We're also having a chat to a migration agent next week so we might know for sure then.
They used to ask for it in the past, if it was needed. But since it is now on the Required Documents page I would just do it if I were you. They are technically only required to ask for medicals and police checks. Having said that I don't think they would refuse a visa based on form 80 not uploaded, but if it is required of all applicants, which I'm 99% certain it is, you will have to do it anyway, so might as well get it out of the way from the get go.

Yeah, I think most of them are sufficient, but I could probably say more on the relationship. Some people have also written stat decs on their commitment to each other, instead the joint one. Does that make any difference?
If you feel like you need to add more then you can just use a typed statement. No need to sign it or for it to be a stat dec. Not sure what you mean about the joint one - all sponsor and applicant statements should be separate, in each person's own words.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, you might be right then and I have to fill it out again. Painful idea to have to write down all the travel I have done again, but I probably have no choice :D

That is weird - in my online application, the statement on joint living arrangements, social aspects, financial nature and mutual commitment are all on one page. There is no separate one for the sponsor. So we wrote them from a 'we' perspective. Or is this what is going to happen, when we submit the application and my partner needs to fill out another online application from the sponsor perspective?

Thank you!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Okay, you might be right then and I have to fill it out again. Painful idea to have to write down all the travel I have done again, but I probably have no choice :D
I know the feeling well - we have moved a lot and travelled a lot in the 9 years we have been together and it was a pain to fill it out, but necessary so...
That is weird - in my online application, the statement on joint living arrangements, social aspects, financial nature and mutual commitment are all on one page. There is no separate one for the sponsor. So we wrote them from a 'we' perspective. Or is this what is going to happen, when we submit the application and my partner needs to fill out another online application from the sponsor perspective?

Thank you!
Your partner (sponsor) will have to fill out a sponsor application separately after you have submitted and paid for your application. It is done as a new application in the same or a separate immiaccount. It has some of the same questions as the visa application, including the five statements. So you should write yours in your own words and your partner should write his/hers in their own words on the sponsor form.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey! Just bringing back this thread with another "silly" question:
Form 80 is pretty long, is it okay to fill it up on the computer or do I have to print, fill in and scan??
Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
From what I can see they ask most of the Form 80 questions in the applicant's application (first few pages on Immi portal), so wondering why this form is still necessary as the questions seem to be quite similar??

Has anyone lodged an application recently in which the CO has asked for this form?

·
Registered
195 Posts
There is so much confusion, misinformation, lack of information, that persuades me to put everything in the hands of an agent. True, it's a few thousand dollars, but compared to the loss of the $7000 and possibly the denial of your PV and the destruction of your future it's a small price to pay.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
From what I can see they ask most of the Form 80 questions in the applicant's application (first few pages on Immi portal), so wondering why this form is still necessary as the questions seem to be quite similar??

Has anyone lodged an application recently in which the CO has asked for this form?
The form 80 goes to external security agencies. So yes, it's still necessary as those other agencies aren't looking at your Immi application.

Reactions: sugufu

·
Registered
4,534 Posts

It's now on the list of required documents. To not supply it and be requested for it further delays the application so not sure why anyone wouldn't supply it.

Not long ago it wasn't a requirement. I never had to do one but that was over 2 years ago. The requirements have changed since then.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Bob88 that's what I thought when I started filling in the form... Many of the questions are the same as the online portal but there are also extra questions in this form.
In the official website it does state now that Form 80 is one of the required documents for the Applicant under Character Requirement (I don't think it was a requirement in the Partner Booklet some months ago) so it seems like it is necessary...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bob88 that's what I thought when I started filling in the form... Many of the questions are the same as the online portal but there are also extra questions in this form.
In the official website it does state now that Form 80 is one of the required documents for the Applicant under Character Requirement (I don't think it was a requirement in the Partner Booklet some months ago) so it seems like it is necessary...
Yep... We've just started this long and arduous task

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.