Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am currently on a Visa 457 and applied for the 820 visa back in September 2017. I received the additional information request S56 on 12th February 2018 and had this completed and submitted by 5th March 2018 (Medical, Police Clearance and further info).

Can anyone please advise the timelines from here, having been assigned a case officer and completed the request. Also to note, the reason for my concern being that I recently lost my job providing the 475 sponsorship. To my understanding, i will remain on the 457 for 3 months before being moved to the 'naughty corner' and be put on the lowest bridging visa (no work or travel). Finding another sponsor for my trade is near impossible with the increased base salary requirements and am 'hoping' to get the 820 soon.

Overview:
Application - 26th September 2017
Case Officer Assigned / S56 - 12th February 2018
S56 Request Completed - 5th March 2018

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
There's no useful timeline anyone will be able to give you. Depending on what's been actioned on your file and as to whom your case needs to stamp it you could be in for a grant tomorrow or in 12 months.

You will only move onto a BVE of the department moves to cancel your visa. I was out of work for 9 months on my 457 whilst i had a 820 application in progress, the department chose not to cancel.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
There's no useful timeline anyone will be able to give you. Depending on what's been actioned on your file and as to whom your case needs to stamp it you could be in for a grant tomorrow or in 12 months.

You will only move onto a BVE of the department moves to cancel your visa. I was out of work for 9 months on my 457 whilst i had a 820 application in progress, the department chose not to cancel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.