·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone
I am new to this forum..
I would like to apply for 820/801
And currently I am applying it online. And I have a view question :

1. After make an immiaccount, we go to the family and it appear we need to fill in the form on stage 1 - partner or prospective marriage visa, is that form is form 47SP which I know is required to be filled for partner visa

2. At page 18/27 about our Relationship, It is required to give detail about some aspect, such as financial, nature of the household, social aspects, etc. Do I just describe in the box? or just write something like "please refer to evidence ..." since we need to attach all the evidence ? or should I do both ? explain and then attach the evidence?

3. When should I pay ? Is that after I fill out all the 27 pages ?

Thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
1. Yes.

2. This is considered you statement on your relationship so you either need to answer the questions in th boxes provided or type "See attached applicant statement" and then upload a personal statement answering each of those questions. As a statement is required, you can't just skip it and say refer to evidence.

The sponsor will also need to do the sponsorship application which can be created as a new app in immi. There will be the same boxes and the same rule applies... sponsor will need to answer in their own words or write/type a separate statement in their own words.

3. Yes. After you complete the form, there's an option to submit and pay. After that you can access the upload screen to add supporting evidence.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts

1. After make an immiaccount, we go to the family and it appear we need to fill in the form on stage 1 - partner or prospective marriage visa, is that form is form 47SP which I know is required to be filled for partner visa

** Be sure to fill in the correct one "Partner Visa" for the 820 - The online application is similar to 47SP but has a few extra family questions like married or not and on what date. It also has the 4 written questions boxes.

2. At page 18/27 about our Relationship, It is required to give detail about some aspect, such as financial, nature of the household, social aspects, etc. Do I just describe in the box? or just write something like "please refer to evidence ..." since we need to attach all the evidence ? or should I do both ? explain and then attach the evidence?

** You either fill out the boxes or supply a written statement outlining the same as the 4 boxes headings (then in each box write please refer to uploaded applicant or sponsor statement) or do both. We had written statements and put bullet points in the boxes and at end "also refer uploaded statement".

** At the end of that form you pay and submit, then you can upload evidences and sponsor can fill their form.

** Are you married or have you been in a de facto relationship for greater than 1 year?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sponsor will also need to do the sponsorship application which can be created as a new app in immi. There will be the same boxes and the same rule applies... sponsor will need to answer in their own words or write/type a separate statement in their own words.

Thanks for answering.
By that means the sponsor needs to make another new immiaccount to complete his 40SP ?

And since I just come to Sydney and we still have not any joint account and all the utilities bills and rental of residence is still under his name. But we are planned to change all the utilities under both of our names when my bridging visa comes out. Is it possible ?

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Doesn't matter which immi account. He can use yours to create the sponsor app or create his own. It's irrelevant as either way it asks for the applicant's application number (TRN I believe it's referred to as).

I'm sure the two of you are aware of the de facto relationship requirements to make the application eligible? It is an at time of application requirement to prove a de facto relationship for at least the 12 months prior to applying.

"You and your partner are in a de facto partner relationship if all of the following applies:

- you are not legally married to each other
- you are committed to a shared life to the exclusion of all others
- your relationship is genuine and continuing
- you live together or do not live separately and apart on a permanent basis
- you are not related by family."

That is for the 12 months prior to applying.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Everyone
I am new to this forum..

Thanks for the help :)

** Be sure to fill in the correct one "Partner Visa" for the 820 - The online application is similar to 47SP but has a few extra family questions like married or not and on what date. It also has the 4 written questions boxes.

** You either fill out the boxes or supply a written statement outlining the same as the 4 boxes headings (then in each box write please refer to uploaded applicant or sponsor statement) or do both. We had written statements and put bullet points in the boxes and at end "also refer uploaded statement".

** At the end of that form you pay and submit, then you can upload evidences and sponsor can fill their form.

** Are you married or have you been in a de facto relationship for greater than 1 year?
Yes, form that I filled have asked about family and if they are married, it ask the date of marriage. However, how if we do not know when are they married ? eg. our parents ? I think they forget the date of their marriage

I am married and we decided to get married in less than one year of our relationship. And since I just come to Sydney, we have not make any of our joint account yet, and all the utilities still under my sponsor name. But of course we live together now. Is that possible if i submit the form and make a joint account, etc and then give all the evidence ? Since I need to submit the form and get my bridging visa to make a joint account, etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doesn't matter which immi account. He can use yours to create the sponsor app or create his own. It's irrelevant as either way it asks for the applicant's application number (TRN I believe it's referred to as).

I'm sure the two of you are aware of the de facto relationship requirements to make the application eligible? It is an at time of application requirement to prove a de facto relationship for at least the 12 months prior to applying.

"You and your partner are in a de facto partner relationship if all of the following applies:

- you are not legally married to each other
- you are committed to a shared life to the exclusion of all others
- your relationship is genuine and continuing
- you live together or do not live separately and apart on a permanent basis
- you are not related by family."

That is for the 12 months prior to applying.
No, I am not applying for the facto partner relationship. I am legally married and of course the relationship is genuine. So I am applying visa 820 after I get married :) But we are getting married in our country and after we are married, I follow my husband to Australia.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
This is a very important question.
Sorry to not mentioned it. I am legally married with my partner :) That's is different case rite ? So is that possible after I submit the form, then I provide all the evidence such as joint account, etc ? Since I just move to Australia after married to him. So that all of the utillities and rental of residence still under his name. But we are planning to change it to both of our names. Because it quite confusing for me to answer the 4 boxes in page 18/27.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
If not married you need to prove the de facto relationship is longer than 12 months and the 4 categories of evidence.

If married you only need to satisfy the 4 categories of evidence, but even this is a lot and takes around a year - if actively gathering evidence maybe 6 months.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If not married you need to prove the de facto relationship is longer than 12 months and the 4 categories of evidence.

If married you only need to satisfy the 4 categories of evidence, but even this is a lot and takes around a year - if actively gathering evidence maybe 6 months.
Okay, thanks for helping and answering. And there will be a lot of work for me to do :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.