Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
The situation is: we firstly met each other in the Internet and communicated in skype via messages and online video almost every day, after 6 months he visited me for two weeks. Then we didn't see each other again for a half year (as I graduated my University), but we communicated every single day...I came to Australia on a student visa and lived together for a half year. Right now we want to apply for a partnership visa 820, but the problem is when we firstly met each other in real life and when my visa expired, there is a gap in 2 weeks for the whole 12 months. Altogether we communicated with each other about 1,5 years and have messages, photos and videos as evidence.
What can we do in this situation? if we want to apply only on-shore.
Thank you!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
If you apply without sufficient length of time then you will probably be refused.

You need to ensure you have sufficient evidence and meet all the criteria of the viisa prior to applying. If you are unsure or unable to do so then you will probably waste your application fee.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
Hi guys!
The situation is: we firstly met each other in the Internet and communicated in skype via messages and online video almost every day, after 6 months he visited me for two weeks. Then we didn't see each other again for a half year (as I graduated my University), but we communicated every single day...I came to Australia on a student visa and lived together for a half year. Right now we want to apply for a partnership visa 820, but the problem is when we firstly met each other in real life and when my visa expired, there is a gap in 2 weeks for the whole 12 months. Altogether we communicated with each other about 1,5 years and have messages, photos and videos as evidence.
What can we do in this situation? if we want to apply only on-shore.
Thank you!
Realistically, the de-facto relationship did not start until you came to Australia on your student visa, so that should probably be your starting point. While registering the relationship (if you can) will waive the 12 month de-facto requirement, you still need to meet the overall relationship requirements.

Was your relationship declared in your student visa application?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.