Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have just a few questions that i couldn't find answers to from search.

My situation is i am Australian citizen living in Australia, my partner is in the Philippines and a citizen there, we are planned to be married as soon as we can with whatever visa path we choose.

Our relationship is a few years old, and we have been apart now for almost a year, so i want to know what the best visa to get is, for us to be together while its being processed.

To be apart another 9 months or more for the visa to process is not what we desire.

So if we apply for PMV, while waiting, does she have to stay in the Philippines or can she come here, if not is there a visa that would let her be here while waiting for process, a bridging one or something, I called immigration but they were vague and unhelpful.

I would stay there while waiting, but i can't leave for more then 3 months and not often because i would lose my disability pension, and i'm unsure what savings i need for visa.

Also for Supporting her, i've been told many things, that i need savings of 10-20k, others saying i need no savings and just the proof that i am in my house and she will stay in it with me, so if anyone has an idea on that it would be helpful. - also does being on a disability pension effect this at all.

Thanks

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi kuneho,

After lodging PMV, your fiance can apply for tourist visa for up to 6 months, but she has to be back to Philippines to get visa granted.

For financial issue, DIAC prefers the sponsor has the secure job and secure income for the past 2 years before lodging application. In case the sponsor doesn't meet the financial requirement, they will ask for AOS. Usually, D-AOS is asked for partner visas which mean you need to find Au PR/citizen who is currently under employment and pass income test for the past 2 years to do D-AOS for your fiance. For some special case, they asked for M-AOS which mean just give a bond. You may call Centrelink and check with them.

Cheers,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.