Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I was living in Sydney, Australia between 2009-2012 on student visa.
Initially I enrolled in Diploma of accounting course with Tafe, Granville.
While I was studying I found it difficult to understand few of the subjects and eventually failed with few of them. When I entered the country I was issued with a visa for time period of 1.5 years. Then after that period I applied for visa extension and I was given the grant for same. However till that time I was unable to cope up with the studies and let them and was working part time with Mcdonalds. Then I had to change my job because I was not getting shifts there.I worked with Boosts, hungry jacks, danoz direct sales etc till the time I stayed there. Then I had decided that I will leave the country once my visa expire. Here due to some misunderstanding I exceeded the time to stay in the country as I forget the last date of my visa. So when I left I breached the visa rules and alongside I also didint abide by the student visa rules.
Now it has been 6 years since I came back to my original country and want to know that re-entry ban still applies to me or not as I miss being there and wish to go there on tourist visa with husband.
Anybody in knowledge about same, please provide information, would be a great help

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Your non-return period would have expired, but you can expect your migration history to be an issue if you apply for a temporary visa.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then what visa should I apply for now as I was unable to complete the studies, do not hold any appropriate degree

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As I mentioned, I couldnt complete my studies while I was in Australia and you mentioned that visa history might affect visitor purpose. What visa should I apply for now to enter in Australia

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
You are likely to have an issue satisfying the GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) criterion for any temporary visa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.