Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

A couple of quick questions about which visa to choose.
For a French person wanting to visit Australia after a working holiday visa which is the best visa to apply for the ETA or eVisitor? Potentially wanting to stay on further so trying to avoid 'condition 8503'.
What are your thoughts? I have read condition 8503 cannot be linked to ETA is this true? Will it matter if the WHV is still in effect whilst applying for the ETA or eVisitor? Will it increase the chance of 8503?

Cheers :)

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
You can't apply for an ETA from within Australia, so you'd need to try from overseas. It can be very difficult to get a visitor visa immediately after a WHV as you've just spent a year here on holiday.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
You can apply for a tourist visa in Australia. As Maggie-May says if you lodge in Australia there is a good chance that it will be refused. I have a client in your position at the moment. She had a tourist visa refused. She is not in a relationship with an Australian citizen and has appealed the decision to the MRT. There is little chance of success in her appeal. She will be applying for a PMV in Bali this weekend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey, thanks for the replies, we will be heading back to France in August and applying from there. Does this increase our chances of getting the visitor visa? Should we (my french partner) apply for the ETA or eVisitor?

Cheers. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey all,

A couple of quick questions about which visa to choose.
For a French person wanting to visit Australia after a working holiday visa which is the best visa to apply for the ETA or eVisitor? Potentially wanting to stay on further so trying to avoid 'condition 8503'.
What are your thoughts? I have read condition 8503 cannot be linked to ETA is this true? Will it matter if the WHV is still in effect whilst applying for the ETA or eVisitor? Will it increase the chance of 8503?

Cheers :)
Hi,
I am in the exact same situation and just wondering what visa did you finally chose? and did it come without the Condition 8503?
Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.