Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Hope this post isn't too vague but I am a bit confused by all the different visa choices and so I am just seeking advice on what may be the best route to go down.

Me and my girlfriend have always planned to head to Australia after we graduate. We initially planned on just doing the working holiday visa, but I personally feel putting my career on hold for a year is something I really want to avoid. My girlfriend agrees and we feel something like the skilled visa would be more what we are looking for.

A little background about us, I am currently 25, a Software Engineer with so far about 8 months experience. My girlfriend is 22 and she is a Nurse with so far about 3 months experience and we both have bachelor degrees.

We know both our career choices and our age will be a positive factor, but worried that we may need more experience before we would be considered. Obviously by 2019, my experience will be more around the 2 year mark and my girlfriend with about a year and a half.

I have read that I would need 3 years minimum experience overseas but elsewhere I have seen a requirements page that doesn't mention anything regarding minimum experience.

Basically, what I am looking to know is there any route we can go down other than a working holiday visa at this time in our lives?

I work for a global company, and they have offices in Australia as well, so I was thinking i could possibly ask them to sponsor me, but then I also have the same concern regarding do I need a minimal amount of experience for that as well?

Any advice is welcomed, and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
At the moment you don't have enough work experience to get a positive skills assessment in your Occupation of Software Engineer. The Australian Computer Society requires that you have at least two years relevant experience. If your girlfriend is a registered nurse in the UK then she could be eligible to apply for a skilled visa. If you are in a de facto relationship then you can be included in her application as a family member.

It would be a good idea to consult with an Australian Registered Migration Agent who can review your case and give you accurate advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.