Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi good day everyone. I would like to ask for help regarding the visa of my mother. I apply her for tourist visa ( subclass 600) and she was approved for that visa but has to exit evry 3 months which she has done and before her visa expires I applied her again for extension and she was given 1 year and was about to expired this coming march.I was currently studying nursing and working as well, I gave birth lasy year to may daughter and this was my reason for her for extension, now my daughter is one year old alraedy and mum's visa finishing soon. I would like for another year extension as I have uni that will commence this march and I need her to help me look after my daughter. Can anyone help me what to do? should I apply for extension again which cost 1,045 or send her home and wait for another 6months and re-apply her again, Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Your mother won't be able to spend more than 12 months on tourist visas in in Australia in a 18 month period.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Nick than you for your response .so, if I re apply again for my another visa for her it will be refused. as she stayed for already for 12 months here in Australia. She better go back home for couple of months then apply again.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
hi Nick than you for your response .so, if I re apply again for my another visa for her it will be refused. as she stayed for already for 12 months here in Australia. She better go back home for couple of months then apply again.
Yes, it is likely that it will be refused. She should probably spend some time time at home before applying again.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Yes that poster is a Migration Agent and there is the no more than 12 months in the last 18 months policy - it can actually be applied to a visa.

So even if your new application was approved and has this condition attached, it would be problematic for you. But I think it would just be a $1,045 donation to Immigration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.