Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Visa Health Check, Health Insurance, Police Check, Travelling to home Country Query

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Arabella 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

Had a few other questions... My partner and I will apply for the 802 visa. For evidence, we have most things like: joint bank accounts, photos, statutory declarations, joint lease agreement, registered relationship within NSW state. Is this information suffice in obtaining our visa?

Police Check: My partner has done an Australian police check and I have an up to date police check from my home country but not an Australian one. I have an Australian WWC clearance. Is it necessary to get one for myself?

Visa Health Check: I don't want to spend the money if I can avoid doing so...is it necessary to have this within documentation?

Health Insurance: I do not have travel health insurance or health insurance currently. Again, do not want to spend money of which I do not have...Necessary? No?

Travelling Out of Australia: Soon after lodging, I will need to go home for the holidays and won't know if I've been granted this visa. Will I be allowed to come back to the country? Will I need to apply for a bridging visa to allow for travel / re-entry? Any info on that?

Visa Granted: Once granted, am I allowed to leave the country, if need-be? I often get contracted work back home and my parents are much older and require help from time to time. Could someone shed some light on these issues?

Thanks so much!!
Alicia

See less See more
#2 ·
I am guessing you mean 820 ;)

Police check: you need an AFP for immigration - they have a specific one they require. Depending on how old your overseas police check is you may have to do it again.

Visa health check: you have to get this done at some point. They will not grant the visa without one.

Health insurance: not necessary as you can apply for Medicare as soon as you lodge.

Travelling: Depending on when your current visa expires you may need to apply for a BVB before you leave Australia otherwise you will need to apply for a ETA to come back on and then a BVA and won't be able to work until the BVA kicks in (after 3 months).

No issues travelling outside Australia once the visa is granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.