Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Could you guys tell me what will happen if i withdraw my student visa application?
I was supposed to complete my course on December 2017 and i could not complete my course because i failed in one unit. I was adviced by the University to extend my student visa as my original student visa was expiring on January 8 2018. subsequently I applied for a student visa and Im currently granted a bridging visa till the decision is given. However prior to applying for a student visa i also requested a remark of the grade and i just got to know I have passed the unit and there for i have completed my course. The remarking process took almost a month which was beyond my visa duration so university advised me to enrol for the next semester and said that it is highly unlikely that i will pass but turns out i did pass but i only found out just now.

But the problem is i want to now apply for 485 graduate skilled visa and withdraw my student visa application as it is unnecessary. If i withdraw my student visa will i be able to apply for 485 while staying in Australia ? Will i be given 28 days to decide if i wanna apply for a new visa or to depart? and most of all can i apply for a refund considering these circumstances ?and i need some time to collect the course completion certificates too which will take one or two weeks.

HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
I advise that you should not take migration advice from course providers, or from any source other than a registered migration agent. You might like to consult one now for advice about applying for a 485.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.