Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in a relationship with a Canadian woman who is here on a 417 Visa. The visa expires on the 8th of January 2010. We met early february and have been together ever since. The problem is, we only have a paper trail that goes back to March 23rd when i got my partner a job where i work. We only decided to get a joint bank account in September and we have signed a lease to rent a property together starting on the 18th of November. We have been living together already for 3 months, however it hasnt been on an official lease.

We are extremely serious about each other and obviously don't want to be seperated. We do intend to marry eventually however not in the next 9 months, so i think the intent to marry visa may be unsuitable.

I would really like some advice on what visa I should apply for, and what kind of things i need to get ready before i submit my application.

I appreciate all help.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I take it you're asking on what visa the Canadian Miss should apply for unless it is Miss who took over half way through the post.
Eligibility for a partner visa is not met and unless you are in ACT, NSW, Tas. or Vic. and can get a relationship registration or Canadian Miss wants to take a trip outside of Australia and return on a tourist visa or ETA to get the 12 months relationship requirement met [ basically residing together ], eligibility would seem unlikely.

What kind of work does she do [ and on a 417, time with a single employer is limited to six months! ] and is an employer sponsorship a possibility?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.