Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I was in this forum in 2013 and had successfully gotten my 820 partner visa while living and working in Australia. Due to a ridiculous chain of events in which my partner without warning developed a meth addiction and was in and out of jail, I decided to file a 'family abuse' request for emotional abuse and trauma to waive the requirement for our relationship when considering my 801 visa. I swear, my case manager was heartless. I had no control, and I stuck around and was supportive to the whole family throughout the whole process and he rejected me on the grounds that I wasn't devoted enough to the relationship. That was in February 2015. I didn't have the money at the time for a lawyer to help me with an appeal, so I was broken and devastated and I just took the verdict and had to leave the country after the 28 days.

Since then I've not been back on anything more than visits to my friends, but it's my dream to live and work there again, and I'd started my masters degree there, which I'm now completing this year in NZ. But my work and my heart is there, and I want to get back to it desperately. I want to find a way to come back, but I'm not sure how it works now. When I first got my rejection letter, it said that I now qualify for little to no residency visas - basically I could claim asylum if it applied, and not much else.

I'm wondering if anybody can shed some light here. Do I have any options? Is there a window of time that I can't apply for any visas, but after say 5 years or something I can apply again? I've looked back at my paperwork and I can't find anything about that. Also, because I am currently living in NZ, what would be the go if I got NZ residency? Because I know that kiwis can come and go from Aus without visas... would that apply to me too?

Let me know what you think or if anyone else has come across this situation. Thanks guys!

**Edit: I switched up the numbers - I mean after my 801 got rejected!!! thank you!!**

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there!
Sorry, it's been a few years and I didn't look it up to verify... I mean that I got the stage one visa granted with the probational period of two years, but then the permanent residency one was rejected. I may have mixed up the numbers.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
NZ citizens are eligible for a sc. 444 (special category) visa on arrival. NZ permanent residents have no immigration status in Australia and require a visa.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You would need to look at skilled workers visas, you could contact CCMS for a consultation to see what options you have and what you could try to work towards.

Just remember what occupations are on offer now can change at any time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.