Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to visit family for 3 weeks on a tourist visa and looking at the official website for home affairs under criminal convictions it only mentions crimes that have resulted in either prison time served or suspended.

I was convicted of dangerous driving in the UK (I'm a UK citizen) in May and received a 12 month ban and a fine and was wondering if
a. This needs to be declared and
b. If it will have the potential to get me denied access.

I have no other criminal record and have no problem declaring it if I need to, just looking for some advice on the situation

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
A - Yes.
B - Yes.

All cases are assessed on their merit, it would still be worth applying, but I wouldnt purchase flights until the visa is granted.

I would also ensure I applied for a visitor visa and not an ETA, as with an ETA you may get turned round at the port of entry, with a visitor visa then there's much less chance of being turned round due to having disclosed it prior.

Visitor visa - SC600
ETA - SC601

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
I'm not sure if driving offenses count as criminal offense but I would certainly declare it. If the penalty was a driving ban, then it may not be anything to worry about. It's typically things that result in jail sentences, even if the sentence is suspended, that cause visa issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.