Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never joined a forum before, but I need some advice, I am stressing out.
My partner and I are starting to get some bits together to apply for my partner visa to Australia. It seems pretty straight forward; but I am worried we don’t have enough hard core evidence. We went into an immigration advisor (didn’t book or pay for anything though as I am super organised and basically you are paying for them to read and photocopy for you). Besides the normally worries, the main problem is this:
He financially supports me, completely. When we met, I was a backpacker, then I went to Asia, he came with me. Then we ended up back in Australia and I went to do unpaid farm work for 3 months for my 2nd year visa. After that he paid for a big tip for us as a ‘gift’ and then when I got back I finally got a job before we relocated three months later (so that I can get a proper job). The job didn’t pay much but he works away a lot which is why i couldn’t do a full time roll. I know it sounds like a cop out but surely there are other people around that are financially supported by their partner? It won’t always be like this, but this visa application will be going on what has previously happened. If I don’t get a job in the next, week, am I going to mess this up??
Thanks

·
Registered
509 Posts
If you're super organised why are you stressing that you're going to mess it up?Maybe agents do more than just "read and photocopy" after all because our partner visa clients seemed to be stress-free throughout the process!

Anyway, no being unemployed won't specifically result in a negative decision and I've seen plenty of applicants that were wholly or substantially supported by their partner.

There's plenty of other factors to consider though before moving forwards.

All the best,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apologies for offending you with my words. I wasn’t really being very serious, I am just looking for answers and support

·
Registered
509 Posts
Sorry, but it's my livelihood and puts a roof over my child's head so I feel obliged to defend the service agents can provide, which on the whole is comprehensive and necessary for a lot of people.

When assessing the relationship the case officer will look at a number of different factors. How the financial responsibilities are shared is just one aspect of that. If we take the example of a housewife, they will not be contributing financially to the relationship, but by looking after the children, cooking, cleaning and generally supporting their partner they contribute in many other ways. So being supported substantially by your partner is fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.