Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on our current situation in which my chinese finances visitor visa was refused.

About 2 weeks ago we applied for a 12 month visitor visa, we applied for this visa due to the fact we have a prospective marriage visa currently pending and we wanted to spend this time together in Australia while waiting. I wrote a statement clearly explaining this in the visitor visa application and also made it very clear we understood my partner would have to leave Australia in order for that visa to be granted. We also made it clear that I, as her sponsor, would be funding her trip. This is because she only makes the equivalent of about $200 a week here in china and only has about $1800 in savings.

This brings me to my next point, in which we understand the mistakes we made but are also very confused about the grounds on which the visa was refused..
Today we received a phone call from a CO in shanghai, she was incredibly rude and almost had my fiance in tears, straight off the bat she began asking us questions to confirm our identity, like names and birthdays of us and our family members, then eventually moved on to employment and money. Now im currently living in china with my fiancee and have been for the past month, we decided last month that she would quit her job this month to prepare to come to Australia in june. She had to give 6 weeks notice so we decided now was a good time so we could spend nore time together before i head back to australia next month to start my new job. So the CO almost immediately made it seem like she didnt believe my partner was a genuine visitor after hearing this as she had no evidence of her financial status. At the end of the conversation we were told we would be contacted if there were any further questions, about 20 minutes after the call we recieved this refusal email.(see attached image)

Now our big mistake was obviously not providing evidence of her employment from when she was still working, however i thought that the fact i was taking responsibility for this would mean this wasn't required. I also didnt put foward evidence of my employment either, this is because i am currently unemployed after leaving my job to live in china temporarily, however i do have a job lined up for next month which i would of happily provided evidence of if requested, i didnt realise they would straight up decline us without giving us a chance to provide the extra evidence. As the CO says in the letter they have doubts she is entering for the purpose stated, aka a genuine visitor. But what?? The fact we have paid $7000 dollars for a pmv and clearly understand the term required for that visa is for her to leave the country means nothing to the CO?? Did we just get incredibly unlucky?? I find this incredibly stupid but regardless, i know getting worked up about it on the phone to the offive wont change the decision, so our best bet now is to just start a fresh application and address the finance issues.

So this is where i would like to ask a few questions and get some advice on putting in our new application..

This time we will just go for a 6 month visa as maybe they wont be so tough on it , we also think 6 is just enough for us to wait out the time for our pmv.

1. I don't have a lot of savings myself atm due to being unemployed and travelling since december, approximately $8000 aud. However my fiances parents will give her $10,000 to deposit in her account which means she will have about $12,000 total.. but.. will the CO be suspicious of the sudden cash deposit? Im not sure how this works.. and if she is , can we get her patents to write any statements saying it is for her to keep?

2. My fiancee also has a $35,000 car in her name here in china, will showing evidence of this help to prove she has an asset to come back to?

3. Also as im currently unemployed, upon return i will just be living at my parents house for a brief period of time before finding a new place to rent. I didn't show any evidence of where she would be living in the initial application, so because of the fact we will be living in my parents house for that short period perhaps a stat dec by them stating that she will live there with no rent costs might help?

4. I will also make it even clearer in this invitation letter that she is strictly here to visit and explore australia while waiting out her pmv visa, i will include statements about where she will be living and provide evidence including my bank statement and evidence on my employment upon returning home.

5. If anyone can think of anything else we should include in our next application, or explain the grounds of that refusal letter more clearly id be really happy to hear..

I know there is a lot of information here and possibly a few slightly complex points we made but im really stuck here ao any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Based on what i read online i thought having our PMV in progress would make this application really simple, im either very wrong or we just got really unlucky with this CO.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When you are in Aus and have a job and a place then you might be in a better position to act as sponsor for a visitor.. requirements for the sponsor are not much but maybe that is tightening.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
The onus is on the applicant to show they have enough funds to support themselves. It is up to the case officer if they take into account someone else supporting them while in the country. You cannot sponsor her as you are not married you can just show you will fund her and then they decide if they will take it into account or not.

We had a PMV in process and my now husband's tourist visa was refused. When I mentioned the PMV to them they said that they note that it is still being processed. Some embassies are just stricter than others.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
We had a PMV in process and my now husband's tourist visa was refused. When I mentioned the PMV to them they said that they note that it is still being processed. Some embassies are just stricter than others.
Some processing centres also consider the likelihood of the PMV being approved.

Applying for 12 month tourist visa is quite ambitious. You're better off applying for 3 months initially.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Sorry im on my phone and can't work out how to reply directly to messages.. @ampk We did, however its only recently been submitted so despite thinking i've got everything i need, after this im now thinking to get assistance from a rma..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The onus is on the applicant to show they have enough funds to support themselves. It is up to the case officer if they take into account someone else supporting them while in the country. You cannot sponsor her as you are not married you can just show you will fund her and then they decide if they will take it into account or not.

Ah i see.. may i ask how long it took you after your first refusal to get your husband approved? Did you re apply straight away or took some time to do so? So in terms of the applicant showing
Their own funds, do you have any idea about my question regarding her parents giving her money? Will that 10k deposit into her account be questioned by the CO and if so would there any particular way to explain its hers to keep?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some processing centres also consider the likelihood of the PMV being approved.

Applying for 12 month tourist visa is quite ambitious. You're better off applying for 3 months initially.[/QUOTE]

I did understand it was a little ambitious and they aren't just gifted out but i just thought having our PMV in progress would make it quite clear we had intentions to get married and the only way that's going to happen is for her to leave the country to get the PMV granted.. Anyway in your honest opinion do you think we have a chance at getting the 6 month with a lot more financial evidence or you truly think its a lot safer to just go for a 3 month initially?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I would currently concentrate on your PMV application, some RMA,s offer a review service and others don't.

The sticky on this forum for the recommended RMA's has some that do have a review service and others don't - some did offer it but no longer do.

Off the top of my head one said it was around $600 for a review of a Partner Visa application - I think that is pretty good value.

We had Visitor Visa/s refused before our PMV application, I then used a RMA and swiftly reapplied only to be refused again. We were told (via embassy) the only way to have Visitor Visa/s approved was to leave a kid behind, I think within a week we applied again less one child and they were approved in a few weeks.

I put in numerous complaints about some of the things that happened during our applications, you might want to complain about the rudeness of your case officer - I would if the line of questioning was to almost put someone in tears.

After our PMV application we again applied for all to get Visitor Visas, we applied for 6 month multi entry (they actually give you almost 12 months onshore) but we were given 12 month from date of grant with multi entry facility but no stay period limit (so better than we requested).

After sorting your PMV with a RMA I would be surprised if they did not give you information on applying for a Visitor Visa again as they will have all required info from your PMV application to know if it is worth an application or not and what is best to supply if it is worth reapplying.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi all,

Hi
I am in china too, my 309/100 is on process I have applied for a visitor visa with my daughter ,my husband is sponsoring for us. I am unemployed Since January 2018 , I Applied for visitor visa 600 on the 15 th April I have submitted my husbands payslips, joint bank a/c , my saving in china and sri lanka, I have been to Australia before 3 times , But I am not sure about the visitor visa this time since I am not doing a Job,

First time I applied in shanghai, I was a full time employee they refused my visa -the reason I need to show a evidence of a property or a lease in china .
I applied again with a letter mentioning I am a foreigner in china I cannot buy property here, I have a full time job ,working visa enough financial proof
It was approved for the second time , Its just a feeling that they are not really clear about the requirements , first time I went to the VFS center( they don't check anything, ) second time I applied online
How long it took for your visitor visa ?
has she been to Australia before ?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think the big contributing factor to the rejection is not showing enough funds/access to funds to cover 12 months stay.

When we did our pmv/tourist visa it was only for 3 months or so and she paid a 50k rmb bank bond for the duration of the intended stay as a way of showing she had a good reason to return home.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would currently concentrate on your PMV application, some RMA,s offer a review service and others don't.

The sticky on this forum for the recommended RMA's has some that do have a review service and others don't - some did offer it but no longer do.

Off the top of my head one said it was around $600 for a review of a Partner Visa application - I think that is pretty good value.

We had Visitor Visa/s refused before our PMV application, I then used a RMA and swiftly reapplied only to be refused again. We were told (via embassy) the only way to have Visitor Visa/s approved was to leave a kid behind, I think within a week we applied again less one child and they were approved in a few weeks.

I put in numerous complaints about some of the things that happened during our applications, you might want to complain about the rudeness of your case officer - I would if the line of questioning was to almost put someone in tears.

After our PMV application we again applied for all to get Visitor Visas, we applied for 6 month multi entry (they actually give you almost 12 months onshore) but we were given 12 month from date of grant with multi entry facility but no stay period limit (so better than we requested).

After sorting your PMV with a RMA I would be surprised if they did not give you information on applying for a Visitor Visa again as they will have all required info from your PMV application to know if it is worth an application or not and what is best to supply if it is worth reapplying.
Thanks so much for sharing all that, in that case i will definitely be getting in touch with a rma to do a review for us.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi all,

Hi
I am in china too, my 309/100 is on process I have applied for a visitor visa with my daughter ,my husband is sponsoring for us. I am unemployed Since January 2018 , I Applied for visitor visa 600 on the 15 th April I have submitted my husbands payslips, joint bank a/c , my saving in china and sri lanka, I have been to Australia before 3 times , But I am not sure about the visitor visa this time since I am not doing a Job,

First time I applied in shanghai, I was a full time employee they refused my visa -the reason I need to show a evidence of a property or a lease in china .
I applied again with a letter mentioning I am a foreigner in china I cannot buy property here, I have a full time job ,working visa enough financial proof
It was approved for the second time , Its just a feeling that they are not really clear about the requirements , first time I went to the VFS center( they don't check anything, ) second time I applied online
How long it took for your visitor visa ?
has she been to Australia before ?
Hi!
Thanks for giving me some insight on your situation, glad to hear everything went well for you in the end. This will be her first time coming to Australia so i understand now a 12 month visa is most likely out of the question until she's visited once before. The whole reason she left her employment was because we wanted to spend time together and with family and friends while im still in china, i will gave her some money equivalent to 4 months of wages for her to keep her going until she gets to australia. However we didnt realise how negatively the CO would see her unemployment as we thought they would just focus on me.
So now we are in a tough position.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the big contributing factor to the rejection is not showing enough funds/access to funds to cover 12 months stay.

When we did our pmv/tourist visa it was only for 3 months or so and she paid a 50k rmb bank bond for the duration of the intended stay as a way of showing she had a good reason to return home.
Hey dejainc,
Yeah i understand now we should of provided more evidence. So you mention you put in a 50k rmb bank bond? Was this all her own savings or did you assist her?
Im just asking because like i said in my original post her parents can give her 50k rmb, i could even get another 50k myself for her account however if we done this and put some in a bank bond and some in her account to keep for spending i assume the CO would still be sceptical about the deposit?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi!
Thanks for giving me some insight on your situation, glad to hear everything went well for you in the end. This will be her first time coming to Australia so i understand now a 12 month visa is most likely out of the question until she's visited once before. The whole reason she left her employment was because we wanted to spend time together and with family and friends while im still in china, i will gave her some money equivalent to 4 months of wages for her to keep her going until she gets to australia. However we didnt realise how negatively the CO would see her unemployment as we thought they would just focus on me.
If you dont mind can you just tell me how long it took for your visitor visa?( to give an answer) I am waiting for one too

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi!
If you dont mind can you just tell me how long it took for your visitor visa?( to give an answer) I am waiting for one too
Oh sorry i missed it the first time, it was exactly 19 days from when we put the application in to when we recieved the call.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hey dejainc,
Yeah i understand now we should of provided more evidence. So you mention you put in a 50k rmb bank bond? Was this all her own savings or did you assist her?
Im just asking because like i said in my original post her parents can give her 50k rmb, i could even get another 50k myself for her account however if we done this and put some in a bank bond and some in her account to keep for spending i assume the CO would still be sceptical about the deposit?
It was her own money and the documents didn't show where the funds came from. Just a total amount deposited and a maturity date.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.