Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They just refused our de facto visa because we didn’t believe our relationship. Our references made it sound more like dating than living together. We filed October 2017 but living together since September 2016 I was on visiting from March 2016 to October 2017 had to leave Australia back to Canada every 3 months. They refused anymore visiting visa because of de facto relationship. We paid iver $7000.00 fee received the email in October 2018 saying visa was being processed year waiting so thought we were finally getting somewhere.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They just refused our de facto visa because we didn't believe our relationship. Our references made it sound more like dating than living together. We filed October 2017 but living together since September 2016 I was on visiting from March 2016 to October 2017 had to leave Australia back to Canada every 3 months. They refused anymore visiting visa because of de facto relationship. We paid iver $7000.00 fee received the email in October 2018 saying visa was being processed year waiting so thought we were finally getting somewhere.
Sorry to hear that
Did you provide enough evidence of relationship? What was your evidences?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Did you apply for the 309 or the 820? I'd suggest contacting a RMA right away. You might be able to salvage the situation. There's a sticky post that you can click on to see RMAs who regularly post here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to hear that
We supplied sworn statement from people in community of where we live when I'm there. Including the police officer of the small tow. Our statement
About our relationship.
Share bank account in Australia. So much except didn't know how to attach our comments on messenger on the file.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to hear that
We supplied sworn statement from people in community of where we live when I'm there. Including the police officer of the small tow. Our statement
About our relationship.
Share bank account in Australia. So much except didn't know how to attach our comments on messenger on the file.
did you apply 820 onshore or 309 offshore?
Your evidence does not loook strong for partner visa application. You need to provide strong evidences in four categories( financial, social, household, and commitment of life) if you have review option for tour case you can try that with help of an registered migration agent

·
Registered
2 Posts
They just refused our de facto visa because we didn't believe our relationship. Our references made it sound more like dating than living together. We filed October 2017 but living together since September 2016 I was on visiting from March 2016 to October 2017 had to leave Australia back to Canada every 3 months. They refused anymore visiting visa because of de facto relationship. We paid iver $7000.00 fee received the email in October 2018 saying visa was being processed year waiting so thought we were finally getting somewhere.
That is a rather quick decision although unfortunately, wasn't the favored one. Is it offshore subclass 309?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes applied offshore in immiAccount for de facto partner so it showed (300,309/100,820/801)
We thought doing on own would work. We had registered to get married while I was in Australia but needed celebrant and once found waiting period then my visitor visa expired so had to leave Australia.
Our home is in the outback so any agency or office was 8 hours away and Brisbane is 14 hours away. We tried contacting while on phone to immigration ask questions but on hold finally after numerous tries, then an hour later when finally got threw was told to yes leave Australia apply from Canada for another visitor visa then come back and we should get visa from Australia. Life happened my partner had a heart attack and by time he was recuperating I had to leave Australia again.
We realize now we made mistakes not understanding the rules or what we needed to do. Yes we recommend using an agency doing it on your own very hard understanding and communication with anyone.
My Australian partner is now appealing something about merits review to AAT within 70 days.

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
Who are RMA's please?
It's a Registered Migration Agent. Under the circumstances you should have absolutely used one. It would have saved you a lot of expense and heartache. An appeal can take up to 2 years to be heard and there is no guarantee it will be successful.

I really wish people would stop posting comments saying how easy it all is and that you can do it yourself without professional assistance. For many applicants that is simply not the case.

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes applied offshore in immiAccount for de facto partner so it showed (300,309/100,820/801)
We thought doing on own would work. We had registered to get married while I was in Australia but needed celebrant and once found waiting period then my visitor visa expired so had to leave Australia.
Our home is in the outback so any agency or office was 8 hours away and Brisbane is 14 hours away. We tried contacting while on phone to immigration ask questions but on hold finally after numerous tries, then an hour later when finally got threw was told to yes leave Australia apply from Canada for another visitor visa then come back and we should get visa from Australia. Life happened my partner had a heart attack and by time he was recuperating I had to leave Australia again.
We realize now we made mistakes not understanding the rules or what we needed to do. Yes we recommend using an agency doing it on your own very hard understanding and communication with anyone.
My Australian partner is now appealing something about merits review to AAT within 70 days.
Wow that's tough, sorry for you! Exactly what you don't want to hear when you are battling health issues as well. It sure doesn't sound like "just casual dating" to me!

It's still not too late to contact an RMA for help now! Hopefully you can turn it around.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Yes, contact a RMA. Nick is a RMA who commented on this post and I highly recommend him. He's Awesome!! He helped me with my issues when I had stuff to deal with and we got our partner visa.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Who are RMA's please?
It's a Registered Migration Agent. Under the circumstances you should have absolutely used one. It would have saved you a lot of expense and heartache. An appeal can take up to 2 years to be heard and there is no guarantee it will be successful.

I really wish people would stop posting comments saying how easy it all is and that you can do it yourself without professional assistance. For many applicants that is simply not the case.
Thank you. I was just wondering and was following the conversation, hadn't heard the abbreviation before. This person here ( Rhanness11 ) was the one with a query situation. They need one as soon as possible. @Rhanness11 I really hope it's sorted out for you and your partner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.