Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends, I have applied for subclass 476 visa. I finished my Bachelors Degree in Jerusalem college of Engineering, which is affiliated to Recognized University( Anna University). Yesterday case officer send me an email as my visa has been refused because it is just affiliated. But my Degree and provisional certificates shows only Anna university and They only awarded me Degree. Now tell me what to do

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Friends, I have applied for subclass 476 visa. I finished my Bachelors Degree in Jerusalem college of Engineering, which is affiliated to Recognized University( Anna University). Yesterday case officer send me an email as my visa has been refused because it is just affiliated. But my Degree and provisional certificates shows only Anna university and They only awarded me Degree. Now tell me what to do
There's probably not much you can do about that visa rejection.
Immigration regulations are backed by legislation that is often very specific and not even the Immi minister has the power to vary a ruling based on legislation and any attempt by an Immigration Officer to do so is tantamount to breaking the law.

Under the eligibility for the 476 visa, it says amongst other things:
You must have completed your eligible Engineering degree qualification at a recognised overseas institution.
I would expect that legislation will support that and it has been adjudged that completing your degree at Jerusalem College is not quite the same as being awarded the degree from Anna University despite the affiliation.

If Jerusalem College is actually in Jerusalem it could also be a reflection that Israel do not have any agrement with Australia re recognised Universities but that may still not change the situation of study at an affiliate Vs grant by the parent University.

Fortunately, the fee is a minimal one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can i ask the co to reconsider?

Now what to do wanderer? Can i ask them to reconsider their decision? I immensely believed and expected to get visa? Help me wanderer, please.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Now what to do wanderer? Can i ask them to reconsider their decision? I immensely believed and expected to get visa? Help me wanderer, please.
There is nothing to stop you asking but I would not expect a reversal of the decision.
You do have an engineering qualification and have you considered getting some engineering experience wherever you are.
That could be a good basis to considering immigration in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.