Australia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you who don't know me I have been gathering evidence to apply for Partner Visa 820. I am on a good path with the evidence and things are going as planned.

I went on my Immi Account to look for some document and I found 'Record of Responses' for my eVisitor which was granted to me a few months ago.

I find there: incorrect address, incorrect email (of a third party), incorrect occupation for me. I never wrote any of this and it is completely wrong.

All the other information is correct, thank god.

I was so shocked and I didn't see this document before as the third party wrote their email as the correspondence email.

I applied for eVisitor with them (www.australianevisaonline.org) , the fee wasnt big and they had the logo of the government on their website. It was one of the first websites to come up when I typed 'eVisitor application'.

I wish I had more experience and knew about these shady companies. I am 19 and never dealt with visas before.

Anyway, I emailed them and asked if they could tell the government they made mistakes and that its not my fault.

Some illeterate woman answers me and says I am confused and not to worry everything is fine. It is so horribly written I was shocked. All of their emails prior to this one were fine.

I am gonna contact my agent now and ask for advice and I am thinking of calling the Department of Home Affairs and telling them what happened and asking them if I should fill the Form of Incorrect Answers and send it to them.

I am so afraid of my eVisitor visa being cancelled / having problems with 820 in the future because of this as I haven't lied about anything and it is so unfair. I have put so much effort into collecting evidence for my Partner Visa and don't want to be separated from my partner again.

Also, the evidence I provided on Immi Account after the DOHA asked me for more information, doesnt even match the 'Record of Responses' and is all correct, my true information. I provided my work name and address at the time, payslip, bank statement, school certificate, and other info.

What do you think I should do?

TLDR: Few months after being granted my eVisitor Visa I realised that the third party scammer company has provided incorrect information about me and need advice on what to do. Planning to call DOHA and tell them what happened, provide Form of Incorrect Answers.

Thank you very much in advance I will appreciate all the help.

Kind regards,
Daisy

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sounds like they were more incompetent than scamming but Westly's advice is definitely the way to go.

Did you pay them a lot of money?
I looked at the website and it seems they are mostly a visitor visa portal

They should definitely not be allowed to use the Australian Government Coat of Arms as this is grossly misleading
But they are probably hosted overseas and there is not much that can be done.

The IP address for australianevisaonline.org is 104.17.53.182
which iplocation.com says is in Kansas, USA meaning they can probably get away with it
Yet another trap for "young players"

So it's a con rather than a scam as they did provide a service - just a crap one :)

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
The immigration department encourages unregistered overseas agents and even runs free Professional Development Courses for some of them, for which they make registered migration agents pay. They know that people working illegally are unlikely to complain about pay or conditions and students who are overdoing it, to be less inclined.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The immigration department encourages unregistered overseas agents and even runs free Professional Development Course for some of them, for which they make registered migration agents pay.
Fantastic! Just what we need an unregistered non- accountable agent.

Is this so they can quickly avoid giving visas perhaps because of issue like the OP has identified? :D
But no that would be cynical :eek:

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
There are some places, New Zealand and Canada for examples, where unregistered agents are not permitted to operate either onshore or offshore.

Some cynics have suggested that if immigration were to be rid of offshore unregistered agents then for consistency, which is not their long suite, they would have to be rid of offshore and (and onshore) 'education agents' as well, Australia rakes in 30 billion or so a year from student visas of which (some, many, most - pick one) are mickey mouse courses that lead nowhere but the bank, and the result follows.

Over the years I have been consulted many times by prospective students, but after my full appraisal have never been instructed to proceed. Perhaps some of them subsequently consulted unregistered agents who guarantee 100% success and take undisclosed commissions from course providers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I didn't pay them that much money. I think about 60 dollars. Literally just typed something like 'eVisitor visa apply' and clicked on one of the first few websites to come up. Or perhaps I saw they had a discount or something. One of those two. I certainly didn't want to do anything illegal, they mistook my date of birth which I saw on my visa grant which I fixed straight away (told them about it and they sent the form of incorrect answers, but now they don't want to do anything) Later I saw the other document, which I had no clue about since their wrote their email as the correspondence email.

Horrible horrible service. Will know next time.

Anyway I have contacted an agent about this and will be seeing him this week. I'm a bit nervous but my partner is calming me down. Thank you everyone for the replies.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I once saw an agent for a precise question on a PMV. He took 300$ and then opened the site of the Department of Immigration and started reading their guideline to me. He then asked my visa and told him I had a PR granted immediately rather than a TR. He said he never heard of that before. I walked out of his office without a word.
My wife once saw an agent who did not make the difference between the People's Republic of China and the Republic of China in Taiwan. Maybe you don't know the difference, but you don't pretend to be an agent. They probably still remember the screaming they took from her.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I once saw an agent for a precise question on a PMV. He took 300$ and then opened the site of the Department of Immigration and started reading their guideline to me. He then asked my visa and told him I had a PR granted immediately rather than a TR. He said he never heard of that before. I walked out of his office without a word.
My wife once saw an agent who did not make the difference between the People's Republic of China and the Republic of China in Taiwan. Maybe you don't know the difference, but you don't pretend to be an agent. They probably still remember the screaming they took from her.
Wow that is so horrible! Sadly the older I get the more I realise there are so many people out there looking to steal your money.

I am not familiar with China and Taiwan but I think I understand the situation because I know the difference between the Serbian Republic in Bosnia and then there is the Republic of Serbia.

I am used to this sort of thing as in my High School the principal used to be convinced I'm Russian (I am 0% Russian :'))

I kind of understand people make these mistakes as I've done it before as well but an agent should really know the difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts