Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

Just thought I would ask you all a question as I am quite intrigued by something and want to know if anyone noticed the same thing!

I am an Australia citizen and my husband is applying for a spouse visa (309/100) from UK. We are now at the stage where he is applying for his medicals and we noticed that when he filled in his online questionnaire to bring to the doctor that the visa he is applying for on the system was noted as - Spouse Permanent 100 - does this mean that the embassy have put him forward for the permanent spouse visa straight away?

We have been living together for over 5 years and are married over a year so I know it could be an option that he is given a permanent visa straight away but I guess I am just getting my hopes up that we can expect it when the visa is granted!!

Any one noticed this too or had any dealings with it?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
It *could* mean that but not necessarily. Each application for a 309 is, in fact, an application for both the 309 and the 100 together. When it's time for the 100, you don't start from scratch applying for a new visa - you're just reassessed by Immigration (with a few pieces of supporting evidence from you) for the 100. I'm unfamiliar with the new medical system, but I wouldn't be surprised if it classes all 309/100 applications as applications for the 100.

THAT BEING SAID... :) I know you said you were "together" for five years - did you live together before getting married and provide evidence of that? The key is demonstrating that you were either married or in a de facto (living together/sharing finances) relationship for three years or more. If you've covered that, then in all likelihood he WILL go straight to the 100. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It *could* mean that but not necessarily. Each application for a 309 is, in fact, an application for both the 309 and the 100 together. When it's time for the 100, you don't start from scratch applying for a new visa - you're just reassessed by Immigration (with a few pieces of supporting evidence from you) for the 100. I'm unfamiliar with the new medical system, but I wouldn't be surprised if it classes all 309/100 applications as applications for the 100.

THAT BEING SAID... :) I know you said you were "together" for five years - did you live together before getting married and provide evidence of that? The key is demonstrating that you were either married or in a de facto (living together/sharing finances) relationship for three years or more. If you've covered that, then in all likelihood he WILL go straight to the 100. :)
Thanks for getting back! I did know that we apply for the 309/100 together, but I thought that it would have said 309 on the medical system seeing as it will be the visa most likely granted. We lived together for just under 5 years when we applied and were able to prove very strong evidence of that.

I would really hope that he would go straight to a 100 as it would be much easier when applying for jobs etc. Fingers crossed! :)

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
I saw your post on the other forum as well (I moderate/post here the most, but also frequent a couple other Australia-related immigration boards... easier to stay on top of news that way). I honestly think there's no chance you won't go straight to 100. It's pretty straightforward if you fit the criteria, and you MORE than meet them. :)

Reactions: TDunc

·
Registered
274 Posts
We applied into the de-facto visa, and we've been together more than 5 years nearly 6 years and we have two daughters. I've also got strong evidence document from 2007 that I requested from the Australian embassy in kuwait " no impediment from marrying my partner". The next day our new CO emailed us to inform us that he's the CO of our application and he requested from my partner to undergo the medical test and he attached 3 documents that we should print it later on. I logged into the eMedicalClient as requested by the letter that CO sended to us and it showed next to the visa that is 309 - Spouse (Provisional) !! !!

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
I really wouldn't worry about what it says in the eMedical system. You guys have way more than adequate evidence for the PR.

Reactions: KitKaat
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.