Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, people! :)
I have been living in Au this starting year, with my sponsor and my child, because I have been granted a prospective marriage visa subclass 300. We were in a good relationship for about three years, but these months he is changed, and he doesn't want to marry me anymore, maybe I am also changed a litlle bit, idk...I want to know if I still have chances to remain in Au because my child is at school here and we have completely changed our lives based on his promises all these years, I already have a job and we like it here..
Thank you!

· Premium Member
10,516 Posts
It sounds like he is not the father of the child based on your relationship of 3 years and the child starting school, is this correct?

Partner visas are designed to be in Australia because your partner is in Australia. If the relationship breaks down there is no need to remain in Australia. However, if you wish to remain in Australia a student visa/skilled visa/employer sponsored visa are pretty much your only options.

· Registered
3,917 Posts
Then refer to Mish's post above. Like she said, the partner visa is for partners to be together. If you are no longer together, then you no longer need to be in Australia in the eyes of DIBP. You'll have to find some other way assuming you qualify for other visas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.