Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am trying to decide what visa to apply for if I want to take a short course of study in Australia and visit for a year. It seems the 572 is limited to the course of study plus one month, and has to be full-time. I am wanting to take some ESL courses there to teach either in Australia or elsewhere, but they are less than three months. The visa costs $650, but allows you to work 20 hours a week. The 676 visa allows you to study there but I'm not sure if it is limited to a three month's course or not (there's a part-time course I like better that is a year). However, it does not allow you to work.

My question is this: If you work at a job for a US company online, does that count towards the work requirements? I don't have to work in Australia to make income, and I'm more interested in studying there to get the certification that applies internationally better than the ones here. Is the work requirement only for Australian employers? How is online work viewed?

TIA,

Claire

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Hi,

How long do you want to study for an what country are you from? Because if you are from an eligible country you could come on a Working Holiday visa which lets you study for 3 months and also you can work as much as you want, but not more than 6 months with the same employer.

If you want to study for longer than 3 months I would suggest using a student visa and living off the 20 hours a week of work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.